HK USP fans, question

Nyeti,
The SOCOM and USP 45 have different base plates, and the USP 45 did have 12rdrs, but the SOCOM didn't have any other than the stolen ones. You can modify the base plate, but the feed lips are different.
If you do find any SOCOM 12rdrs, no matter what the date, they are stolen govt property.

Stolen? No one sells the 12s. Does any one have a compact (USP) 9mm. How do you like. I love .45, but would rather carry 9mm with magsafe. More rounds. And more of a know round. Say you run out, and the guy you killed, it will problay be 9mm. This would be in war of course. Cheaper too.

Matt

eh?:confused:

Rob, you gonna be at the SHOT show?

USPs, had a full size that shot great. I personally prefer the 1911 in terms of feel and lower relative axis of the barrel, but the USP is a nice gun. For one thing H&K uses a very good steel in their barrels. Ended up giving my USP to a close friend. :)

and is all that trouble, expense and risk worth 2 extra rounds?
DWE
PS-my 4 10 round (neutered) mags work just fine for me.

They're being imported from Germany. From what i've heard they dont mark the hicaps (at least by the US definition) over there. Since it's ok to sell the 'parts' of a magazine, the person from germany just ships them to the US in parts. I dont own a USP tact or SOCOM, but that's just some info...

I'm seeing hi cap mags out of the US that are marked "Not for Sale in US"
The usp45 came out in 95.
The ban happened in 94.
when HK comes out and says there are no mags, and some dealer says there are...who are you gonna believe? Who would the courts believe? This could be a lawyer's wet dream,
I have heard you can use usp45 mags in the mk23 but not vice versa...or maybe it's the other way around.

I have a usp/c 9mm and love it. It is a great size, a bit smaller than a glock 19, and thinner than a sig 228.
and if you have to have more than 10 rounds, use a 40/c mag, it will function fine and hold 13+1 (but that starts up an entirely different legal debate)
I thinkt the usp/c 40 is the most size efficient handgun out there. it's the only 40 i would own.
cheers,
Derek

anyone know where you can get this spring kit upgrade for usp's or socom's that allow you to fire the 45 super?

The MK23 mags work fine in regular USP's (we were accidently shipped some to our Dept.), the base pads are the difference. A few people are putting USP base pads on stolen MK23 mags and selling them as some "weird" import. Trust me, you don't want to get involved in this thing if you don't have to. I'm just trying to save some of you some real grief with the Feds. They are notorious for making huge productions out of these types of cases.

According to a friend, you can shoot .45 Super in the UMP and USC, NOT THE PISTOL, without any mods.

Nyeti,
You're right about the Feds, they love to be pains on that.

To answer any questions concerning the Mark23 hi-caps...
http://www.hkpro.com/hicap.htm

Now the USP 9mm & .40 cal. debuted at a shotshow in 93 and were at that time shipped with the high caps. I remember dealers in my area taking the high caps out of the cases and selling them separately for more money when the Crime Bill was signed in 1994.

killerkain
Col. Kilgore @ www.full-auto.com
we have Lightfigther doing a little Moderating over there... not to mention some Strider & SOE fans. Check it out!

I have been shooting my USP Compact Variant 1 in .45 ACP
for some time now. Absolutely flawless feeding w/ ZERO hiccups.
Offers ALOT of flexibility w/ regards to Tactical options that others don't. variant 1 has alot of merit and is really Nirvana for me.

It is not the identical twin of a 1911 w/ reagrds to grip. But very close and works for me. 9 rounds of capability works fine. Just not a viable issue w/ me for need to go Hi Cap and sacrifice firepower/concealibilty. System is concealable w/ no printing, UTL works superb, Feeds everything. Cocked and locked capability rocks as does "SIGLIKE" drop hammer feature. Could'nt be more satisfied w/ performance.
:D

good deal.
they don't make the stainless anymore, and they should go for mid $7's
I'd grab it.
cheers,
Derek

Up here in NH, the stainless runs around $775.00 IF you can find one. BTW, those stole mags....POISON.....be safe....wolf

Well, now all I have to do is round up some dinero. The stainless will most likely be gone before that happens! Good info on the mags guys.

Oh yeah Izra, I will be at SHOT and Vegas Classic, I was talking with Duane yesterday and we thought we had better let Vegas know we are comming so they can stock up on Guniess! :D

Rob, cool!

Look forward to seeing you there ... be sure and bring some cool 'patterned' stuff :D

Likewise Izrafil! I have a few ready to go, just sent one of these to Ryan over in Indian Country to donate to the effort. :)

Attachments

• mvc-024f.jpg
    mvc-024f.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 67
Back