Hot Off The Bench!

Elmax.

Why? Just because. That's why!
eprfjr.jpg

M390 Dagger core with Chad Nichols SS Damascus on the outside, Moku-ti 3D carve handles.

Assisted.

ff1zxw.jpg

2qq0w.jpg

21libmo.jpg

9fwlfp.jpg

ic02eq.jpg

Same here. Well, actually it already was on my to-buy list, but instead of a LSCF inlay, I'm going to get that awesome Traxion™ (;)) machining pattern on the handle.

That's the spirit! :D

What blade length do you want on your Madd Maxx? I'm gonna get me a 4-incher!

What blade length do you want on your Madd Maxx? I'm gonna get me a 4-incher!
I'm torn between the MM 4 and the MM 5.5. I find the larger handle of the 5.5 more comfortable in the hand, but the 4 is a more practical size for everyday carry/use. (It's also less likely than the 5.5 to send people diving for cover when you open it... )

I'm torn between the MM 4 and the MM 5.5. I find the larger handle of the 5.5 more comfortable in the hand, but the 4 is a more practical size for everyday carry/use. (It's also less likely than the 5.5 to send people diving for cover when you open it... )

Awesome. What about handle and blade materials? Texturing? Design and artistry? Gimme all the sordid details!

Awesome. What about handle and blade materials? Texturing? Design and artistry? Gimme all the sordid details!
Heh...I honestly haven't decided yet. I know I want MokuTi with Traxion™ texturing on the handles (no inlay), but I'm still working out the other details (blade shape, steel, which of Chad's MokuTi patterns to get, etc.).

Heh...I honestly haven't decided yet. I know I want MokuTi with Traxion™ texturing on the handles (no inlay), but I'm still working out the other details (blade shape, steel, which of Chad's MokuTi patterns to get, etc.).
Update: I talked to Darrel last night, and we worked out most of the details of the knife. But I'm going to keep them to myself for now so as not to ruin the surprise... :D

Update: I talked to Darrel last night, and we worked out most of the details of the knife. But I'm going to keep them to myself for now so as not to ruin the surprise... :D

Perhaps it's time I talk to him too since I haven't heard of any of my details in...well forever. lol

Perhaps it's time I talk to him too since I haven't heard of any of my details in...well forever. lol
Well, in Darrel's defense, I'm sure it's very difficult and time-consuming to fashion a knife handle entirely out of rhinestones...

I'm gonna laugh if Darrel 'accidentally' includes a rhinestone in your design somewhere... :D That would be kinda sad though.

Hahahaha! If Darrel wasn't already thinking about doing that, I bet he is now... :D

Dirk said it himself. Never say never where Darrel is involved.

Personally, my special inlay customization would be a G.I. Joe themed inlay. Maybe a whole GI Joe head as the pivot. That would be rad.

I'd call it the Gun Hammerhead.

Madd Maxx 4 Inch OMEGA, Chad Nichols stainless steel damascus frame, M390 core with san mai Chad Nichols blade, assisted open, fire colored hardware, complete custom build. D-2 Dagger blade shape.

295svp3.jpg

2nvs4rb.jpg

4l55z6.jpg

2iivh9h.jpg

and a pair of balis:
dw9dnm.jpg

Back