How about that 30" Kobra...

I thought I'd start a new thread to float this idea for that lovely knife we all seem to want but can't get the pesetas together to buy without causing famine and grief.

How about a raffle? Can we send $10 each and have Uncle draw a name out of a hat once the money is raised? If there's more than $100 in the pot, it can go to the kamis' welfare fund or even the Heineken fund. Besides, then you could tell the wife you didn't buy another knife, you won it.

What say?
Obviously this will require Uncle's blessing, I figure he could set the terms as to when he will draw if he concurs with this idea.

OTOH, somebody could grab it between now and tomorrow and make this whole idea moot.

If this half-baked idea is accepted, count me in!

OK, I have to ask this and sound stupid.

What do you do with a 30" Kobra besides look at it. Maybe some use for Martial Arts. I would get my a$$ kicked.

Can't chop wood with it. Would probably bend it, per another post.

WHAT would be the standard use for a 30" Kobra? :eek:

Besides killing people, or harvesting wheat, it's probably not that pragmatic. It's one of those toys that I started buying now that I'm close to forty. I've been responsible most of my life, and it's time to satisfy my craving for stuff like this....because I'm worth it.

Originally posted by gshamr
Besides killing people, or harvesting wheat, it's probably not that pragmatic. It's one of those toys that I started buying now that I'm close to forty. I've been responsible most of my life, and it's time to satisfy my craving for stuff like this....because I'm worth it.

I have an 18, 21 and 22 inch Kobra. Think a 30 incher would be just too big for me.:)

To be honest, I'm 6'2" and it's probably too long for me. I'm willing to cough up ten bucks for the lottery though. I have a 20" sirupati that is really long enough for whatever I need. Anything longer is really more for the fun of swing it it around, and cutting up blackberry bushes.

Originally posted by gshamr
To be honest, I'm 6'2" and it's probably too long for me. I'm willing to cough up ten bucks for the lottery though. I have a 20" sirupati that is really long enough for whatever I need. Anything longer is really more for the fun of swing it it around, and cutting up blackberry bushes.

:) I'm 5'7" with my boots on, I think.:) 65 and getting shorter every year.

Wish I had some blackberry bushes to play with. I have planted blackberry, rasberry bushes several times, but this old high desert and the droughts we have had just don't want to cooperate. Could have something to do with my RED thumb as opposed to a green thumb.:)

You wouldn't believe it if you didn't see it. Wild blackberry bushes are a huge nuisance in Washington State. You can see them everywhere in the country, and along the rivers. The farmers hate them. I pick about ten pounds every year. I planted raspberries last year and they just exploded. It must be all the rain.

On the other hand, I grew up in Missouri and we grew so many tomatoes and bell peppers we couldn't eat them all. I tried for three years in a row here. Right when I had a bunch of green tomatoes on the vine, it would turn cold and rainy. I finally gave up.

Arghh that 30" kobra has been bugging me all day. If it does end up in a raffle count me in for a $10 ticket. Its a win win situation no matter how it ends up.

I'd be in for $10 and that makes eight I think.

Lcs37, the 30" is for when you successfully infect all your buddies with HIKV and they get regular length khukuris. With the 30" you can still do the "That's not a knife, THIS is a knife" routine. :D

Raffle=30" Kobra. If this gets the green light, I have $10 to
contribute.

I don't know what I would do with one myself. Methinks my two pound 21" GBS is at the upper end for me, well actually over it.

Speaking of raffles: If one could be made, a nice WWII model collaboration effort (marked by all the kamis involved) might raise a pretty penny for the welfare or monastery fund. Just a thought.

Regards,
Greg

I've got too many thumbs to own a 30" Kobra. Granted, owning a 30" Kobra might help take care of that problem, but I'm kinda getting used to them. The thumbs, that is.

If the raffle is on I'm in for $10. I've got to get armed cos there's a giant killer squirel roaming the english countryside. This will give me enough distnace between me and the little critter !!

:D

That is 10 people with $10 each.

raghorn
Berkley
Fedrico
Ardvark
SamuraiDave (Me)
MPisi
Ripper
Brendan

We are still waiting your approval Uncle. :D

Edit:
If you want to join the raffel now that is cool just sign up. It will raise cash for the Kamis, Priest, and Beer fund. ;)
However, we still dont have approval, so I dont know if you should send in your check quite yet.

Back