How come there's no SOG club? The other brands have clubs..

I got to handle a SOG Trident (folder) today & see how it opens. It was smooth as silk. Fast 2. :D I liked it. :D

B2D

(SOG DOG 1)

Glad to see that this is coming together. Keep up the good work and use your SOGs!!

We just talked and you have my blessing. I am going to see about setting something up on the SOG site where we can make it official.

Glad the idea appealed to you, Chris.
Wasn't sure how you would react, so many factors to consider.
Hopefully it can be a positve influence.

SOG DOG #2

I really have 2 thank SOG Knives & it's employees & designers & technicians,
not only have their products been a pleasure to use, but letting me start-up
this club, has really made me feel a whole lot better. I enjoy it alot & it helps me 2 4get that I am so sick right now. It's really kind of SOG to let us have this club, & I promise to do my best to make it the best club SOG has ever had & to 4ever standup for their good reputation & great products. I can tell you all, from the pictures I've seen of SOG knives & tools in action, they are plenty tough.

I've even seen the SOG Pup Elite under X-ray & I can tell you, for a little knife, it's got a STRONG tang on it. (Sog makes em' so we can see the tang at the end, where the lanyard goes through, n' you can even see how thick the stock is--that, in my opinion, is good stuff.) (If I had the money...I'd buy one of each..I would--but my gf/wife-2-be would give me a whoopin'..n' I'd
not be able 2 sit down :D)

So far, I think the best tool combination I've seen was a SOG Bowie in the nylon sheath, with a multi-tool, ferro-rod, & honing steel in the pocket. Ya have all ya need right there. Hmmm..I think they are making a tool now that has a diamond-grit surface, a ceramic-rod, & even a ferro-rod! Now that's a multi-tool! I want one :D. (Or two).. Yeah..a person could put one of those in the pocket with a SOG multitool, n' then they'd have a good set. I might have 2 do that..

B2D :D

(SOG DOG 1)

Carry tools that you can rely on, carry tools that you respect, & use those tools with respect & those tools will take care of you.

I can tell that Carny is happy with his Super Bowie n' Seal Pup Elite (that's a tough pair, I'd say.)

Hi all,

Activity here seems to have slown down--not sure why. Does anyone have suggestions? Ideas? Opinions? We got the blessing, n' now it seems there's
not as much activity--weird :D. C'mon SOG DOGs! :D

B2D

SOG DOG 1

Hi all,

Activity here seems to have slown down--not sure why. Does anyone have suggestions? Ideas? Opinions? We got the blessing, n' now it seems there's
not as much activity--weird :D. C'mon SOG DOGs! :D

B2D

SOG DOG 1

Maybe assigning the numbers might help, we really haven't done that yet.

Does not include notables who may be given special names. (Except for Robbie who asked for his number).

Asked for or already have number:
bored2deth #1
Alann45 #2
hybridbanana
A.P.F. - Asked for #5
Subterfuge7 - Asked for #7
Robbie Roberson - #14
str8shtr
wildmanh
hybridbanana - Asked for #8
nutz_about_knives - Asked for #3

Made positive comments, but did not ask for number:

rramjet
New Pig Hunter
DrJackson

I'm not sure how to assign numbers. Here goes...

Alann45--You are designated as SOG DOG 2!

Nutz_about_knives--You are designated as SOG DOG 3!

Str8shtr--You are designated as SOG DOG 4!

A.P.F.--You are designated as SOG DOG 5!

Wildmanh--You are designated as SOG DOG 6!

Subterfuge7--You are designated as SOG DOG 7!

HybridBanana--You are designated as SOG DOG 8!

RobbieRoberson--You are designated as SOG DOG 14!

You are all hereby, officially & formally, issued your SOG DOG numbers, carry them
proudly & remember to return to this thread frequently. We need to keep it up. I'll do
as much of the work as I can, so you guys can sit back & enjoy :D. Fortunately, though,
I have Alann45 to help me out :D, I'd be in a pickle without him.

I may start looking into having Tags made, but that will take some time & I will have to look into costs & such. We've gotten the blessing from SOG, so let's not let it go to waste & make this club work, grow, & make SOG proud of us all! C'mon SOG DOGS lemme hear ya bark!

Now, I know we don't have our own forum or pass-arounds or contests yet, but things are just starting & you all will have to be patient with Chris, Alann45, & myself (I'm sick
afterall :(, we are doing all we can. It does take time & work. :D

B2D

SOG DOG 1

Well..I got to thinking..& so..I've decided to start up SOG DOG's first contest to celebrate approval from SOG. For those of you whom have the means, wether pictures or video, I want to see who can make the thinest wood shavings, feather-sticks, & build
a fire using only a SOG knife (or tool) & a ferro-rod or other primitive-device. The winner
will recieve Seal status, which is a step up from Pup. Since Alann45 & myself do not have the means to participate (I can't anyway, being DOG 1), he & I will be the official judges (presuming he wants to be a judge). Remember, the thinest wood shavings, thinest feathering, & making a fire using a SOG knife or tool & a primitive fire-lighting device. There are three contests, which means three members can win. The contests WILL be judged fairly & without favoritism. Be careful with your knives & don't lose any digits! Robbie, you could enter using your SOG Revolver! :D That'd be interesting! This contest will also show just how useful & multi-faceted SOG products really are (without
voiding anyone's warranty :D)

As far as wood goes, whatever kind you can get your hands on is fine. I have no preferances. I would like to see pine used, however, & there will be a separate contest
for that.

Pine-dust--Using a SOG knife or tool, gather resin-rich dust from a slab of pine wood,
& using that same tool, & a primitive fire-lighting device, get a fire going. Those of you whom wish to accept the contest must reply to this post, declaring you accept the challenge & present your member #. The contests runs from today until 14 days from now. Winners of the contests move up from Pup to Seal. Thank you in advance to all of you whom participate, have fun with it, & don't forget to post either pictures or a video--or both! Must be a SOG DOG's member to participate, applicants may join SOG DOG's,
recieve a number, & then accept the challenge. All in all, there are four contests for a total of four winners. Good luck to you all. (Again, I will not be participating)

B2D

SOG DOG 1

Ruff-Ruff!

Alann45, since this thread seems to draw more attention in the form of a question about clubs, rather than identifying SOG's DOGs, I'm going to start a new thread--SOG's DOGs,
the DOG-House. This should give it a more club-like feel & garner more attention, rather
than a question about clubs.

Future applicants may request a number there, while this thread may be used to keep track of information as well as 'inside-talk' for Chris & I to maintain the club, as well as
for information storing. Yes, I'm an organization junky! :p I can't help it. I'm working hard
to make this work, & I will continue to do so--my gf has to sleep afterall :D

B2D

SOG DOG 1

"RUFF-RUFF!"

I'm not sure how to assign numbers. Here goes...
I think thats pretty much the way you do it. ;)

rramjet, New Pig Hunter, DrJackson: Ya'll didn't specifically ask for a number, if you want one, just give a holler.

SOG DOG #2

The winner will recieve Seal status, which is a step up from Pup.

Do we have a list of all the ranks? Might be good to nail that down a little.
I mentioned I'm not crazy about ranks in general, but it seems to fit the SOG brand. I'll try and keep my opinions minimal (always hard for me :D) and let you and others sort it out.

So, immediately sticking my nose into the rank thing:

Pup to Seal? hmmm.
May just be me, but I tend to hold the Seal designation in pretty high regard, not sure it should be one step abover Pup. Just an opinion.

SOG DOG #2

Alann45, since this thread seems to draw more attention in the form of a question about clubs, rather than identifying SOG's DOGs, I'm going to start a new thread--SOG's DOGs,
the DOG-House. This should give it a more club-like feel & garner more attention, rather
than a question about clubs.

Sounds good.

Another idea for a thread at some point:
DOGs SOGs - Listing of SOGs owned, favorites, pics, etc.

Alann45,

I think it would be interesting to start out new members as Seal Pup--Baby Seal, & let them work their way up through either contribution, contests, &
the like.

Seal-Pup--Baby Seal
Seal-Pup--Juvenile Seal
Seal-Pup--Young Seal

Something to this effect--I don't know alot about Seals though..except they
make noises n' swim in cold water n' eat fish. Top rank (#1) will be Leopard
Seal (Since they are usually the big ones). Do any of our SOG's Dogs out there know anything about Seals? The animals, specifically. Species, types,
colorations, & the like?

I wonder how Chris is doing?

I wish I could make us a cool club symbol--but I stink at artistry--all I can do is stick-figures.. :p Drawing just isn't in my repertoire! :D I twy tho!

B2D

SOG DOG 1

RUFF-RUFF

Come see us at the DOG HOUSE!!

Current number of SOG's DOGs--10 (including myself)

B2D

SOG DOG 1

RUFF-RUFF

Come see us at the DOG HOUSE!

We just talked and you have my blessing. I am going to see about setting something up on the SOG site where we can make it official.

This is outstanding news! Official recognition and a blessing to boot. I look forward to contributing to this new club.

SOG DOG 7

Back