Off Topic How did you find out about bladeforums?

How did you find out about blade forums? whether it was a recommendation, read about it in a magazine or on a website or found the website yourself go ahead and post about it here in this thread. I came to this forum doing research on the TL-29 electricians knife so I lurked for about a year then signed up as a member.

Believe it or not it had nothing to do with knives.

I got a bit tired of the attitude towards axes and hammers on a tool type forum I belong to, to them a hammer is nothing more than something you hit things with and chainsaws have made axes obsolete so they scrap any heads they find.

I googled " axe forum " and found this place, i was already a knife guy and to know there was also somewhere here I could talk axes and hammers made this the perfect choice.

I believe it was mentioned to me at the Vegas knife show.

Ken Lunde the Minister of Envy mentioned Bladeforums.

He posted amazing photos.

I've had a knife in my pocket since a kid in the 70's. I have always been more of gun guy though.

In my 30's I started collecting WWII firearms, bayonets, militaria. So I joined multiple related online forums. Every time "modern" knives came up someone would point them to BF. And I would lurk here on occasion for quite a few years.

I started to really look into knives when local sources of qualty knives dried up. I bought a ZT 0301 on the recomendation of a friend, carried it for a year, started to get the itch for a new knife. Found myself lurking here more and more, so I finally made an account.

I was looking for information about the Kershaw Leek and bladeforums came up in a Google search.

I was a gun guy first, and was on gun forums. When my interest shifted to bicycles, I googled "bicycle forum" and joined one. When my interests shifted to knives, I googled... you guessed it... "knife forum" and BFC popped up. No plans to go elsewhere. This is by far the most expansive and entertaining forum I've found, in large part to a great group of moderators who keep things civilized without being heavy handed.

Searching for knife info on the Googs. Almost the entire first page of results were to this forum.

Joined 15yrs ago.. Drank ALOT of beer since then..;) Probably killed those brain cells!!:confused: Dunno??? John

Everybody

y8Ea8jB.gif

Back