Recommendation? How do you store your knife collection?

Some I have inside "books":
received_10216136014462783.jpeg
received_10216136018182876.jpeg

Some I have in a display case:
received_10216135948021122.jpeg

Some in shadow boxes:
received_274991883182845.jpeg

And the rest in a pelican case:

pelican-case-sale-1510-1610-camera-bag.jpg

What do you mean? How could metal cause other metal to rust? Or do you mean rust from the drawer could just rub off on the knife?

I have an industrial size dessicant container in it that I keep "charged" up. It's rated for about 10 times the volume.
All blades not to be used for a while are oiled as well. Never had a problem with this metal box or others , but that said , humidity is usually not too high here.
This is about my 5th move up in container size , and my last...I think.

Carhartt tool roll holds my nice ones. Others are where they are needed- kitchen, car, garage etc. There are usually two or three on my nightstand as well - whatever I’ve been carrying recently.

I'm considering a Craftsman-like rolling tool chest with drawers for storing a few dozen bayonets & daggers, but its expensive. Can someone suggest a cheaper brand than Craftsman? Or a similar option? I don't need a glass display panel.

I have my long-term storage knives oiled Tuf Glide and not in the sheaths or leather or even in the boxes. I have them wrapped in newspapers with desiccant packets in a very large wooden wardrobe/shelf before I construct an aquarium style all glass wall/shelf to house my 40+ knives... Do not store knives in foam or plastic or zip bags.

I bought these knife rolls at "The big river" site a couple years ago for $7 each. Quality is decent and a few good reviews (a few bad ones too) but I have had no issues with them. And I get to have all my nice knives in M-Tech rolls:p
UocRVvQ.jpg

[QUOTE = "abbazaba, post: 19201025, member: 438098"] I post this every time it comes up, but I really think they are damn near perfect for the use. Hard to beat the price and you can fit 12-15 per unit. Stackable, comes with drawer liners, easy to throw in the safe... Funny, I don't even own many of these knives anymore!

https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Acry..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=3ZGE085KGKEBX91S2FX9
[/ QUOTE]
True, really practical..
APtBqp4.jpg

I use a Husky rolling cabinet for more modern, or EDC stuff, and fixed blades.
I think it cost $69?
I usually display "traditionals" around the man cave.
2ly08pg.jpg

i1hc9i.jpg

I prefer large spyderpacks as they hold 30 knives each and have secure clear pockets so everything is easily visible. The pack can be hung up open for display or folded up compactly and takes up minimal real estate. I also keep about 20 knives each in 2 drawers for quick access to my daily rotation options.

I'm considering a Craftsman-like rolling tool chest with drawers for storing a few dozen bayonets & daggers, but its expensive. Can someone suggest a cheaper brand than Craftsman? Or a similar option? I don't need a glass display panel.
I bury in the back yard.....like dog with bones LOL. I keep in a cigar box. They're all users so..... Sometime I even store in the couch or under something.

I wish mine would fit in a cigar box or five cigar boxes..... I don't look at most of them enough to justify much storing or display expense. The ones I look fairly often are in drawer organizer trays if they'll fit. The rest are in plastic tubs. Some stay on my book case until I loose interest. I generally don't advertise any of my expensive "trinkets". Unless I tell you or show you, you would never know I own more than a couple knives, a couple firearms, jewelry or art. Art gets displayed when possible. Don't care much about knives in terms of telling people where as I treat many other fairly expensive things like you might a bank account....private.

Some of my knives get stored in the couch too at times or a car seat.

This for folders (reminds me I need to buy another)
787-C84-C1-514-E-4-D87-90-A6-919-C5126-D444.jpg

Current folders in the rotation are in my top dresser drawer
ACE18-BF9-9312-4533-8-C27-51-FFFD278-F40.jpg

Fixed blades in my bottom dresser drawer and in a box in the garage.

Last edited:
In various jacket pockets, drawers, tool boxes, saddlebags (Harley), the SUV, boots, hats (OK, toques here in the north), sometimes in a boot. You never know. Keep 'em handy.

I’ve got a couple of these pelican knockoffs. Harbor freight and northern tool both carry a version.
996908DA-BFA6-47AD-A0CF-CF92BE74B98C.jpeg

Back