how many buy other knifes while waiting

I've always considered those RMJs over-priced but DANG if they aren't tempting! I would never be able to bring myself to purchase one of the many cheap tactical tomahawks. Those RMJs are just so sweet looking...

I've always considered those RMJs over-priced but DANG if they aren't tempting! I would never be able to bring myself to purchase one of the many cheap tactical tomahawks. Those RMJs are just so sweet looking...

I thought the same thing until I saw what they're capable of. My buddy had a M-48 hawk and when he punched it through a PLASTIC 55gal drum and the spike's tip was shot, I decided to never own a cheap one. This RMJ caught my interest after my buddy got one and I did some real research and (like most things) went from research to front door in 3 days. After holding it, seeing the construction and craftsmanship, and what it can do, I'd pay for it again if I lost this one. This will be a keeper I think.

RMJ makes a great tool. This is my Loggerhead Shrike

I love tomahawks and have a bunch. I have been looking at an RMJ little Bird but there are some other things I am saving for. Columbia River is selling a little bird clone called the Rune. For under $100 I may pick it up. If I like it I may spring for an actual little bird. Heres a pic...

Its actually material just stuck to the edge. If I recall I was testing it on various materials including some very thick plastic containers. The loggerhead is a wonderful wood splitter. If it gets stuck you just beat the hammer poll with another log

Never had to sharpen it and I have not been nice to it! Here are some other pics

Ok I want an axe LOL !

I want a Delta 3V Survive! made Iroquois styled tomahawk. With nice micarta, linen micarta, or G10 handles. Maybe .3 inches thick with skeletonizong/milling in all the right places.

Something shaped like my 2Hawks Longhunter...

MoS, congratulations! What a nice addition to your arsenal.

Loggerhead! I forgot the name. Riz, I'm super jealous. Does RMJ ever circle back to make old designs?

Honestly, the closest I'll ever care to get to RMJ is one of their collaborations with CRKT. I really like the look of the wood handled chogan.

MoS, congratulations! What a nice addition to your arsenal.

Loggerhead! I forgot the name. Riz, I'm super jealous. Does RMJ ever circle back to make old designs?

Honestly, the closest I'll ever care to get to RMJ is one of their collaborations with CRKT. I really like the look of the wood handled chogan.

Thanks big guy. I seriously love the fact that I have something so useful in my EDC arsenal now. My buddies all love it too

It's too bad rmj no longer makes a model with a hammer poll. I don't really have a need for one of these to begin with other than fun, but I have even less need for one with a spiky jobber on it. :D

So heres the thing... i liked the way the loggerhead looked which is why I ordered it over the spiked shrike. In all honesty the shrike is more versatile. You can dig with the spike, chip holes into wood (think woodpecker on a tree), pierce sheet metal, breach cinder block walls like they are drywall, insert the spike into the hasp of a lock and break it and any other use you can think of. Oh yeah, its also a rediculous weapon too. If you need to hammer stakes, the large flat sides of the shrike do that as good as the hammer poll of the loggerhead. The loggerhead's poll is better at smashing stuff like walnuts acorns, small rocks and such. Things where you need a smaller flat surface but arent swinging for the fences. It too would make a pretty solid impact weapon and can breach, but it just doesnt have the penetrating power of the spike. , Ive often thought of getting a shrike or kestrel to have the spike but just dont want to drop so much cash from my knife reserve. I have been carrying the 2Hawks Long hunter mostly, because it is lighter and the leather mask is minimal and fits in the pack better.

Last edited:
Back