how many do you "really" carry

Seems to me this topic already happened...

Just about every topic has been covered before and will be brought up again in the future. I don't understand the point of these types of posts except to try to intimidate someone so they don't make more posts and contribute to the forum. If you don't like the subject then move on to the next one.

I usually carry quite a few. In my left front pocket I have a Spyderco Salt 1 that I use as a money clip and a Leatherman Micra. In my right front pocket I have my M4 Benchmade Rift (#6 of 50) that is ALWAYS there everyday. IWB at 1 o'clock is a S90V Spyderco Manix 2 (11 o'clock is a KelTec PF9 7+1 chambered). My right back pocket has my new Spyderco Gayle Bradley clipped next to my wallet. And clipped to my right cargo pocket is my Lionsteel SR-1. I also have a LED flashlight clipped to my left cargo pocket.

That makes 6 if you include the Micra which comes in handy quite a bit and is small enough to disappear in my pocket. This is a fairly normal day although I'm sure I could get by just fine with only my Rift. I do it because I like knives and I like looking at them, fondling them, and using them. If I didn't carry more than 1 then I would never carry any of my knives besides the Rift. I love the Rift and it has been in my RFP since the day I bought my first one (and I have 6 now). I don't need them but find all of the knives are easier to carry than just 1 gun that I always carry on me so why not.

Usually just a stockman. An old 3 1/4" stag Hen & Rooster at work and a 4" delrin Boker all other times. Both are carbon. If I know I'm going to be schlepping a bunch of stuff at work I'll add a Vic Camper. But 9 times out of ten, just a stockman.

Frank

almost always two, sometimes three. one small slipjoint or lockback (case mini copperlock, texas jack, or butterbean) and one small/medium locking one hand folder (spyderco endura or delica, mini grip, buck vantage pro, zt 0350). what really depends on the day. bigger knives on day off.

lately it's been the delica and copperlock.

Always one, with usually a second knife chosen for the needs of the day. The constant will be a small folder that slips unnoticed into a pocket and is acceptable almost anywhere. I can get by with just that one knife, but it sure can get tiresome when there is heavy work to be done.

Lately at work (Land Surveyor) my EDC has been a Case small Texas jack, BRK&T mini-northstar and a Leatherman Wave.

I just counted, and I'm a bit embarrassed. Seven, in my pockets, right now. Large Case Trapper yeller handle CV. Old Ulster USA camp knife. Old Ulster Ireland fishing knife with fake MOP scales. Old Camco 229 electricians. Old Kamp King. Small Winchester stainless penknife with wood scales. SAK Classic on keyring. That doesn't count the few in my car outside, as I am at work.

I had reduced down to two knives on me at any time, plus the Classic, but then the sickness took over again. I think I need help.

My name is Ken, and I am a steel-o-holic...

During the work week it is three. My primary folder changes from time to time, but the other two (Flashpoint and Case Peanut) stay the same.

On the weekends, if I'm not going to be leaving the house for awhile, I carry a Bradley Mayhem Balisong. If I must leave the house, it is pretty much the same as the work week line up.

I usually have 2 folders. Lately its my paramilitary and delica 4. Buck vantage takes over for the para when the feeling strikes. Ordered the BM 755 the other day so I need to find room for it in the rotation. I can't forget at least one small SAK, and the little blade in my squirt P4.

When I am working I carry two knives. Always a multi-tool and always a folder. A work week for me can run into 7 days and I can always be found with one on the belt and one in the pocket. On the rare weekend when I am not on call, I usually carry one folder....unless I'm hiking and then it's back to 2 or possibly 3 knives:)

Oops, I forgot the multitool and SwissChamp on my belt.

I really have an illness.:eek:

Heya - first post here.

Regularly, I just carry my Gerber LST or a tiny Swiss Army of some description but when I'm hunting or something, I'll have the LST, a Gerber Big Rock (though that sheath stinks) and a Ron LaClair Shrew Hawk.

In my pockets I have tinker SAK and usually a CRKT guppie. On my belt gerber multitool. EDC bag which is always nearby I carry back up SAK, and one of three tactical knives. Out in the wilderness etc I will carry at least two or three more.

Dallas back in post #7 of this thread (and a few others) said he carried a sheeple-friendly slip joint.

I think this is important...I usually have a Buck Lancer in addition to a Spyderco Salt or something similar. I have not yet met the person who feels threatened by the Lancer :)

Some TV shows, like Criminal Minds, almost always use a Spyderco as the knife of choice for their slicing/dicing serial killers...no deranged homicidal maniac has ever used a small slip joint!

Just about every topic has been covered before and will be brought up again in the future. I don't understand the point of these types of posts except to try to intimidate someone so they don't make more posts and contribute to the forum. If you don't like the subject then move on to the next one.

You've got me - that was my intention right from the get-go. I'm a nefarious internet-villain, trying to sabotage these forums...and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids! I also tie up dames in my spare time to leave them on the railroad tracks before I wax my devious moustache. MUahahahahaha! ;)

No. I merely found it odd that someone started a new topic instead of just adding their opinion to an identical one from around a week ago, iirc. It was just an observation, so relax - no nefarious deeds afoot.

Always have my cold steel folder (tanto). its for general purposes. sometimes i have a 2nd, either a bali, or a small 3 blade whittler. i have a couple fixed blades in the truck, a small axe too. i have others, but they dont get much pocket time.

You've got me - that was my intention right from the get-go. I'm a nefarious internet-villain, trying to sabotage these forums...and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids! I also tie up dames in my spare time to leave them on the railroad tracks before I wax my devious moustache. MUahahahahaha! ;)

No. I merely found it odd that someone started a new topic instead of just adding their opinion to an identical one from around a week ago, iirc. It was just an observation, so relax - no nefarious deeds afoot.

Oh, the one on page 7? Still sounds like a smarta$$ comment that might make some people not want to ask questions. Plus, I was just making an observation. And answering his question.

Normally carry two on me. One in a front pocket, one in a back.

Been carrying a Spyderco Tenacious a lot lately, and something a little smaller such as a Kershaw Scallion.

Oh, the one on page 7? Still sounds like a smarta$$ comment that might make some people not want to ask questions. Plus, I was just making an observation. And answering his question. And busting your balls for no reason.

Fixed that for ya. :rolleyes:

Anyway, to answer OP's question: I only carry one folder, day-to-day. Sometimes I have to carry a multitool too at work, or at least have one close at hand.

I seem to be sitting at 3 for an average. 4 if you count the little blade on the SOG Crossgrip.

1. Kershaw Volt
2. Spyderco Caly 3
3. Victorinox Solo

Back