How many?

How many knives do you carry on a day by day basis?

Votes: 4 23.5%

Votes: 9 52.9%

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10!? :O

• Total voters
I typically like to carry three when I go out and about (not including the blade on my Swisstool). Do I need that many? Of course not, but I'm a knife nut. I like to carry a modern folder paired up with a matching traditional. I've also taken to carrying SE Dragonfly in the corner of my back pocket, often one that I've swapped into another Dragonfly. Now, since COVID, sometimes I'm just running to the store and throw only one knife in my pocket plus a flashlight, and even leave my wallet and just take one debit card.

XAFIxhW.jpg

ZCpxLjm.jpg

bkTNFe0.jpg

9QUJZ4k.jpg

When Hiking, I carry a large folder (currently a Hinderer Jurassic), an aforementioned SE Dragonfly, and a small fixed blade (LT Wright) that either goes on my belt or in my pack. I also carry a Benchmade Bushcrafter in my pack just in case.

jk3bvw8.jpg

HGx2pcm.jpg

Camping, I take the above hiking combo and bring 2 Moras for food prep.

nL5j77r.jpg

Around the house it's 1 regular folder, plus often a SAK (Cadet or Rambler for the ever-important cap lifter ;))

QK8tRjI.jpg

yK2ETf9.jpg

Usually only 1. Sometimes if I have a jacket on, I’ll carry one in the jacket and one in my pocket. I don’t ever carry 2 in the pockets, at least if both of them have clips.

I typically like to carry three when I go out and about (not including the blade on my Swisstool). Do I need that many? Of course not, but I'm a knife nut. I like to carry a modern folder paired up with a matching traditional. I've also taken to carrying SE Dragonfly in the corner of my back pocket, often one that I've swapped into another Dragonfly. Now, since COVID, sometimes I'm just running to the store and throw only one knife in my pocket plus a flashlight, and even leave my wallet and just take one debit card.

XAFIxhW.jpg

ZCpxLjm.jpg

bkTNFe0.jpg

9QUJZ4k.jpg

When Hiking, I carry a large folder (currently a Hinderer Jurassic), an aforementioned SE Dragonfly, and a small fixed blade (LT Wright) that either goes on my belt or in my pack. I also carry a Benchmade Bushcrafter in my pack just in case.

jk3bvw8.jpg

HGx2pcm.jpg

Camping, I take the above hiking combo and bring 2 Moras for food prep.

nL5j77r.jpg

Around the house it's 1 regular folder, plus often a SAK (Cadet or Rambler for the ever-important cap lifter ;))

QK8tRjI.jpg

yK2ETf9.jpg
Again with the beautiful photos man! ;)

So it seems everyone here carries minimum of two. That’s a smart idea, for some of the reasons already mentioned. :)

In my personal time usually two: a mid-sized modern folder and a small traditional. At work this number is usually upped to at least four or five, as I will additionally have up to two razor utility knives and a keyhole saw.

Last edited:
One on and one in my back pack. I've tried two on my person but I hate having to much on me. I also CC.

Typically three, if I leave my yard. Since I live twenty bucks from anywhere, I have my car keys with a SAK SD Classic on them. Then I have a pocket slip with a SAK Recruit and a flashlight in it, usually in my LFP. Lastly, a folder (traditional or modern) in my RFP depending on where/what I was doing and who I'd be around.

When I was working, I also carried a dedicated traditional also in my RFP, but I found that that was just silly.

How'd you get those circular patina marks on the Eureka Jack?

Since I formed a natural patina on the main blade simply by cutting fruit, I decided to force it on the smaller blade. I used a combination of mustard (brown) and apple cider vinegar, and applied it in little drops with a toothpick. I think I let it sit for about 20 minutes (to the best of my recollection) then cleaned it off and repeated the method for a second layer to add depth. There are some pretty good tutorials on YouTube to follow if you're interested, I got this idea from a guy doing it on an Opinel. I didn't really know what I was doing going in, but I was quite pleased with the results.

IOeMz9E.jpg

cMfoDon.jpg

I EDC 3 knives:
A SAK Rambler on my keychain
A SAK Bantam in a pocket organizer
A folder, usually a small inkosi at the office, or anything else when not at the office

1 for my EDC-folder
Camping I add a fixed blade, which I may or may not carry depending on the type of camping

How many knives do you guys carry on your person, when you got out in public, at home, camping, etc?

Just curious - this will be interesting. :)

(Feel free to upload photos of them as well)

At least two, but typically 3
♦ A Victorinox Rambler (A Vic classic but also has a cap lifter blade) is always with me.
At least one of the following is also with me. But most often, it's both.
♦ A modern
♦ A traditional

Back