I Guess It's A Miracle

Robin Hood's Bay??

A knife or knife company that takes from the rich to give to the poor...:D

According to legend, Robin Hood died at Kirkham Abbey in West Yorkshire. Growing weak, he sounded three blasts on his hunting horn to summon his loyal lieutenant Little John who was standing guard outside. "Little John, dear friend," said Robin. "I am not long for this world. Pass me my trusty bow." With great sadness, Little John placed Robin's great bow into his hands. Robin fondled the bow with affection, a feint smile appearing on his lips, before fading once again. "Alas, my eyes are failing me dear friend, please nok me an arrow, so I may let one fly for the last time. Wherever the arrow should land, I ask that you bury me there." With wet eyes, Little John agreed, and noked an arrow to the bow. With one last gasp, Robin Hood drew back the sinew on his great bow of yew, and released the arrow. As the arrow flew through the air, so the great hero fell back onto the bed, never to rise again.

And they buried him on top of the wardrobe.

Last edited:
This from the Domesday Book ...the forerunner to the modern taxation system.
"1267 be a yeere ine wich it be writ that thayre be notte a cayve,baye,covve, tree,hill,mounte, pubbe,inne, lea,meadowe, nor shoppe of ye charitye,abbye ,house of ill reputte,parlour of massayge, nor museum nor newsagency within ye Shyres of All England that canne it be not saide havve never been visited by yon merriest of Saxon outelawes the wolfshead Robyne Hodde."
So there ye have it my friends.
Seriously a charity shop does take from the rich and sell to the poor so who better to name one after?:D

As a true Nottinghamshire yeoman I feel behooven to ambush this thread and make merry with it.....Whos with me stout lads and maidens fair? To the trees.!

Back