I heard they're in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is that almost all knife companies get delayed past their planned delivery date. Every new concept or limited edition knife I have ever ordered has come out later than expected. I was part of the BM 755 disaster last year. The dealers kept saying around the end of January beginning of February. I got mine in May! The ZT 0551 just went out about a month ago and it was behind the original ship date by at least a few weeks. This shit is common and so is the bitching about it. I think instead of complaining we should start a new comical thread about the ways we think the knife is being shipped:D. I personally think everyones is being individually shipped by carrier pigeon:eek:.

Whitty

I failed to mention that do to the number of birds randomly falling out of the sky around the world, all carrier pigeon flights out of Italy have been grounded indefititely:eek:

Whitty

As Nico stated, no information that I know of has gone out about the cause of any delay. We have gotten numerous calls from dealers about the project and Patricia refers them to DPx. As Robert stated in this thread, knives were only finished a couple of weeks ago and one of the goodies is just about finished. All is well, everyone will get their knives. ;)

I was told by DPX yesterday that they would ship from Italy 1/24/11 barring any issues

LE models have been paid for. This is a common practice. I have no problem with that or the delay, stuff happens. :)

But, I also have a Production model ordered. No Pre-Payment was ask for nor be accepted [I tried]. He assured me I was on their list in a secure position.. as he has done on many prior occasions. ;)

Some of you guys have said you had to "Pre-Pay" when you "Pre-Ordered" the Production model though??? :confused:

If I were you guys, I would be finding another dealer for future purchases.

The ones that required "Pre-Pay" are operating off of your money unless you requested or wanted to do it. :thumbdn:

wow not shipping till the 24th and then i wonder how long they will have to sit in customs for. it may be march or april before we get these bad boys. ohh well at least i already paid so the money doesn't get spent else where. wonder what the hold up is/was

wow not shipping till the 24th and then i wonder how long they will have to sit in customs for. it may be march or april before we get these bad boys. ohh well at least i already paid so the money doesn't get spent else where. wonder what the hold up is/was

They are scheduled to ship the week of the 24th...so that could be 24th, 25th, 26th etc..

The knives have been finished for a couple of weeks. The LE versions have one last goodie to be CNC'd and then they ship out the following friday. There was a snag with the boxes due to them having to be reprinted and they arrive this week for the regular version.

We all know that the well observed annual celebration of SHOT is the real Christmas.

No, what I thought when I was asked for the $$ on Oct 25th was that I'd have the knives for the REAL CHRISTMAS. So glad now I decided to let them go.

Last edited:
If they ship the week of the 24th (and ryp did say it would be a Friday, so figure the 28th... Hmm there is that two week number yet again) knives should be to dpx by the 12th. Lionsteel isn't new to shipping international there is no reason they should get caught up.

IMO, expect knives in our grubby hands on feb 19.

As Nico stated, no information that I know of has gone out about the cause of any delay. We have gotten numerous calls from dealers about the project and Patricia refers them to DPx. As Robert stated in this thread, knives were only finished a couple of weeks ago and one of the goodies is just about finished. All is well, everyone will get their knives. ;)

I got an email a few days ago from the place that I ordered the production model that said that a change in packaging to remove ESEE labeling was a cause in the delay.

What's got me curious is that if we are waiting because the goodies for the LE editions are not ready...then why not just ship the regular ones out?

I certainly wouldnt care if I got my green one first. :D

I certainly wouldnt care if I got my green one first. :D
I hear you, I am covered either way also.....
I just may have to change my "ship to address" if it takes too much longer. :D

Last edited:
I am telling myself that it will be at least another month before we have these in our hands...

damn, being overseas, I think I'll see the regular production ones only in March. I hope the arrival will NOT be a let-down with the increased wait ;)

LE models have been paid for. This is a common practice. I have no problem with that or the delay, stuff happens. :)

But, I also have a Production model ordered. No Pre-Payment was ask for nor be accepted [I tried]. He assured me I was on their list in a secure position.. as he has done on many prior occasions. ;)
See #1

Some of you guys have said you had to "Pre-Pay" when you "Pre-Ordered" the Production model though??? :confused:
See #2

If I were you guys, I would be finding another dealer for future purchases.

See #3

The ones that required "Pre-Pay" are operating off of your money unless you requested or wanted to do it.:thumbdn:
See #4

#1 I'm not sure what the position is with the Dealers...I would think that they are allotted a certain amount of pieces, depending on their standing with their supplier. Having your Dealer assure that you are in a secure position would be nice bit of confidence.

#2 Unfortunately, I procrastinated, and got into this a little late to get in with any of the larger Dealers...But, I did find one who was taking payment to assure me a position of receiving a production model. I made payment in October...I'm glad I did...had I not...I would not have the funds now to make the purchase!!

#3 I have had decent communication with this Dealer...never dealt with him before...I would be lying if I told you that I have not been worrying about this falling apart on me...a PayPal 30 day transaction dispute option has come and gone along time ago...but it is what it is...I too am anxiously awaiting there arrival. Hopefully this transaction goes through without a bad out come, and we could possibly do business again!!

#4 You are probably very right!! Some of these Dealers are not quite as establish as others, and times, (and funds) are still very tough for alot of people, such is a way of doing business, and a risk of getting what I want...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back