I wish there is a mid-sebenza

They’re trying to fool us!

They already have a medium sebenza designed and ready to go. They’re just trying to wait until the world is in trouble and only a medium sebenza can save it.

Fo’ real dough holding my breath for a medium Sebenza is a sure recipie to pass out from lack of oxygen. In a way the small 21 is the medium if we count the Umfaan as the small.
Had to look up the Umfaan. Way too small for me but a cool little knife regardless.

My Keen has the portals (holes), and I do not find it the least bit slippery, and the flipper makes a perfect finger rest/guard. Why would I need "thumb" traction when the handle itself isn't slippery? I actually find a pj sebbie to be more slippery (and I am a big CRK fan), which is why most of mine have had inlays (wood, micarta and mammoth).

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly........
The Jasmine handles were slick as snot and no jimping. The Keen has the same lack of jimping as the Jasmine. But if your Keen didn't have portals, would it be slick? I can't answer as I haven't held one. Not interested in it because of the lack of jimping.

The Jasmine handles were slick as snot and no jimping. The Keen has the same lack of jimping as the Jasmine. But if your Keen didn't have portals, would it be slick? I can't answer as I haven't held one. Not interested in it because of the lack of jimping.
The Keen is pretty much unrelated to the Jasmine in terms of ergo's. The Keen is very "neutral" in the hand, allowing for multiple comfortable and controllable grips (in my hands anyway). It is also longer in both blade and grip than the Jasmine. I have yet to hear anyone describe the Keen as lacking in tactile grip - but of course YMMV. Personally, it is among my very favorite folders in the hand (I tend more towards "modern" if not "tactical" in my preferred style - if that helps for context).

Last edited:
To think that 1/4 inch length blade would matter.
I happen to like the lenghth of the current CRK regular blades. I think the large Sebenza is actually a medium sized blade.
Just my preference.
For me that extra 1/4 inch matters. Not so much in blade length but, the size of the handle.

For some of us, size does matter. :D

It's easy to find someone to blast the handles if you want that. It's not a difficult or very expensive modification and is unlikely to affect the resale value very much (if resale is a concern for you).

I think the made the small sebenza a mid sebenza when they have introduced the small Inkosi

Problem solved :)

No, it wouldn't be slick. It has a similar blasted texture to a Sebenza. Also, the scales are contoured in a way that puts more surface in contact with my hands than many other titanium framelocks do (much like a Slyzs Bowie). I rate the KEEN a very solid A+ in ergo's, and I've carried mine a LOT since it arrived.

With all due respect none of the knives discussed here (CRKs, Laconicos) are hard use folders. Too expensive and too pretty. I’m thinking of a comparison to the hard folder uses I read about in other threads here. Cutting Sheetrock, cutting sheet metal, lath, etc. Even among the backpackers, who will baton hardwood with one? YMMV

With all due respect none of the knives discussed here (CRKs, Laconicos) are hard use folders. Too expensive and too pretty. I’m thinking of a comparison to the hard folder uses I read about in other threads here. Cutting Sheetrock, cutting sheet metal, lath, etc. Even among the backpackers, who will baton hardwood with one? YMMV
I've seen a few people use their $2000 customs knives to dig things out of the dirt, and I know plenty who regularly use their $500 midtechs for moderate use at work. Some people/collectors will never use any of their knives, not even a ZT or Spyderco. Others will use any knife, regardless of cost. I don't think it's very accurate to make a blanket statement about what knives are and aren't to be considered or discussed as users.

Fair enough. I'll use my Shiro F3 for things others might not but I stop at cutting metal and digging around rocks.

More seriously, Ihave been quite excited some years ago about getting a flipper or mid size sebenza
Nowadays I am over it.

I am not sure I would like a mid size CRK, but here we are discussing personal test so each of us will have his own opinion

Concerning flippers I think that it won’t make much sense
Maybe a front flipper in the way South African designer make them can be a “why not “ but I am even not sure about that

What will CRK add to the market that a Reate, ZT or evenWE doesn’t offers?
They are all premium material framelock with great bearings and a fine tuned detent

CRK is more about washers and smooth action.. that is their trademark where the market often wait for stronger detent and snappier action

I think there will not be much benefits for CRK to endanger its brand by going into a “red ocean”

Fair enough. I'll use my Shiro F3 for things others might not but I stop at cutting metal and digging around rocks.

Why? the worst that's going to happen is it going to need cleaned and sharpened it's steel, bronze/bearings, and some Ti and some G10.

I don't like chipping my really good blades. I have Condors and similar fixed blade knives for damage that is easily repaired.

Back