Idaho Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
People buy jeans with some guy's name on them, it's the same thing. if you don't want branding on a product buy a different product. personally i'd rather if it were etched on the blade, but on the handle scale isn't too bad. it won't stop me from buying one.

idaknow.jpg

:D :thumbup:

Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are! Good stuff!

MikePerrin that was very well said and I can't agree with u more.I just bought my first couple Sebenzas and neither of them are the Idaho made versions but after seeing what these knives are first hand a stamp on them certainly won't keep me from buying others I like.

I have a classic 21 and wanted that one just because it had the classic stamped on it and is discontinued.My regular small Seb was discontinued alao so I'm glad I have one of those as well.Seems the different variations will just add to the timeframe of different Sebenzas and I think it's kinda cool.

The Idaho made stamp is fine with me and I think the LE editions with it on looks classy.I think I need a Idaho made spalted maple Seb this year ; )

We've had this issue come up from time to time with our knives. Some folks don't like the logos or markings and want them removed. We simply refuse to do it. Bottom line is if someone deoesn't like the markings on a knife, and that's the only way the company offers it, then don't buy it. But to not buy a CR knife because of Idaho Made on the blade just keeps you from owning one of the finest, well made knives on Earth. Idaho Made is alright by me. In fact, I'm going to go over to CR's web site rigth now and buy a knife becasue of this thread.

Well said.:thumbup:
I have known Chris and Anne more than half my life and I am 46. He has always prided himself on producing the best. One conversation with Chris will tell you how much he loves the US and Idaho.

It is his product and he can mark it any way he wants.

Vote with your cheque book and spend your money elsewhere if you don't like it.

I think I need a Idaho made spalted maple Seb this year ; )

I have one......Buy one you won't be sorry.

I would still buy a IM knife from them. Once I got it if I didnt like it I would apply the dremal to it and fix it. :)

I would still buy a IM knife from them. Once I got it if I didnt like it I would apply the dremal to it and fix it. :)

Yep you coud dremel out DAHO and leave the rest and tell everyone you made it.

I would not want to get rid of da ho.:) But that picture is really funny.:) A picture IS worth a thousand words.

We've had this issue come up from time to time with our knives. Some folks don't like the logos or markings and want them removed. We simply refuse to do it. Bottom line is if someone deoesn't like the markings on a knife, and that's the only way the company offers it, then don't buy it. But to not buy a CR knife because of Idaho Made on the blade just keeps you from owning one of the finest, well made knives on Earth. Idaho Made is alright by me. In fact, I'm going to go over to CR's web site rigth now and buy a knife becasue of this thread.

Hey go back where you came from. The Becker forum or the knife throwing forum. Your knives are ugly so it doesn't matter.

Hey go back where you came from. The Becker forum or the knife throwing forum. Your knives are ugly so it doesn't matter.

Now you done gone and hurt my feelings. Can someone please make a crybaby picture for me. That was a funny pic!

Wow I can't believe how big this thread has gotten. I would have never guessed when I created it that it would have become so large, and had the type of reaction that it has.

With that being said, I respect both sides of the argument, As each person is unique, and has their own specific tastes, it's easy to see why there are so many mixed reactions. For myself personally, The IDAHO MADE stamp is enough of an eyesore that I will not be ordering any folding knife from Chris Reeve with it on it. However, That does not at all mean I question the integrity of Chris kneeve, his decisions, the company itself, or the exceptional quality in which their knives are made.

As I said in my original post, Back in February of last year I placed an order for a small sebenza with cream ivory and ladder damascus. Just to give an update; As I cannot get this knife without the stamp, I changed my order today to a Mnandi with cream ivory and ladder damascus. I confirmed with Heather today that at the moment they are not producing Mnandis with the IDAHO MADE stamp. Interesting enough though, she did indicate that they may be doing so in the future...

Also, they have just started the stamping process for their newest batch of Damascus so for any of you who are on backorder, it shouldn't be too much longer. As I already have a small micarta sebenza 21, I am super excited to add a Mnandi to my collection. Now I must start counting the days until march when it will be ready.

Cheers,

Kyle :D

I have a sebenza for about 3 months now and i love it. I couldnt care less wether it has the engraving. Its a work of art and Chris deserves to put "Idaho Made" on it.

And if it disturbs the collection of safe queens, why not turn it around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back