Idea Push, Basic Kukri

Anybody watch season 1 Alone?

Winner used a smaller kukri and it seemed to handle every task he needed. Energy conservation was a big part of their survival.

Any kukri with a basic handle we could get, big or small, I would be down for.

Great show IMO, its a Condor Heavy Duty kukri.

I thought it was maybe the best 'survival' show out there, and Alan was great.

Last edited:
I've played with one of those condors not bad for being so affordable. Just imagine how awesome a 8-10.5" length .25 thick. Goodness

Great show IMO, its a Condor Heavy Duty kukri.

I thought it was maybe the best 'survival' show out there, and Alan was great.

Alan was great. Very knowledgable and entertaining as well.

I haven't seen many of those types of shows, but I really liked the fact that they're actually alone, and not with a camera crew, etc with them. Makes it much more believable.

Would be awesome if a Basic Zilla was on a future season and helped take home the win!

edit - as mentioned, Alan was very knowledgeable and understood that the perfect one tool blade was a smaller kukri, and he proved that it was.

I was very surprised how well the 2nd place guy (Sam) did. I did not think he would make it as long as he did, and there was a big separation between the top two and the rest. I had thought it would have been Alan or the guy who was building everything (Lucas) would win it. He had impressive skills and left because he got bored if I remember right... He was thriving out there.

Last edited:
Most interesting part in my opinion was after you had weeded out the people who couldn't feed or shelter themselves, you were left with three people who had food, shelter, water, and then it was like "OK now what do I do? "
From there their biggest challenge was isolation and fighting off the urge to quit. So it was probably 90% mental, and staying positive at that point. Very cool and definitely more realistic than any other shows.

Anyways, back to what's important

BRING THE BASIC KUKRI!!!!

Last edited:
This is THE one-

thought the show was good, and agree once it got down to the three it was a mental game, but I think the starting location played a large part in the beginning.

- will be one of the best choppers to come out of the shop

Surely it will happen. It just makes too much sense...at least to me it does.

Surely it will happen. It just makes too much sense...at least to me it does.

My thoughts exactly boss man is going to make it. He is just a little busy hooking every one else up with sweet battle grades then when the moon is full boom Cresent Kukuri goodness!

Last edited:
Well, I'm about to sell a couple of Busse/Scrapyard knives as I'm doing some housecleaning and generally trying to get rid of stuff. But even though I'm in a sell mode, a Busse Infi Kukri would be tough to pass up. Actually how about a series of historical knives? We could have a Kukri, a nice Pukka knife, maybe a Karambit.

Back