If Spyderco brought back the GB1 as a sprint, would you buy one?

Would you purchase a Gayle Bradley (GB1) Sprint Run

• Yes I would buy a GB1 sprint run

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, I would not be interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I just would like to make this idea "official". I wonder if I am the only one who would drool over a sprint re-issue of the Gayle Bradley, in it's original design, maybe with a different colour scale, or a steel upgrade (if that's even possible). Not to disrespect the GB2, which I am sure is a great design, but there is just something special about the original. It came out of Gayle's mind as a fantastic and fully-formed design that is not really comparable to much else out there. Vote "Yes" if you would be excited to pick up a re-issue sprint Gayle Bradley 1. Maybe you missed your chance when they were everywhere, maybe you want a back-up?

I would not get a second one. I like my GB2 as much as my GB1. Should I want a second, the GB2 would be fine.

The only thing they can improve GB1 is by using lockback or power lock. That would be a total redesign though, no longer a sprint run. :eek:
As is (liner, material, built, etc), nothing else to improve. Perhaps the sprint run in older HT and full liner for those missing the boat. ;)

GB2 should really be called something else, it's totally a different knife. Nothing similar to progression of Endura (1-4) or Stretch (1, 1.5 and 2).

The GB1 already has one ofnthe most secure and seemingly trustworthy liner locks I have ever seen. M4 steel is part of what makes this and GBs other knives, his knives. I suppose they could use even higher steels of the M Rex type.

Chris "Anagarika";17003918 said:
The only thing they can improve GB1 is by using lockback or power lock. That would be a total redesign though, no longer a sprint run. :eek:
As is (liner, material, built, etc), nothing else to improve. Perhaps the sprint run in older HT and full liner for those missing the boat. ;)

GB2 should really be called something else, it's totally a different knife. Nothing similar to progression of Endura (1-4) or Stretch (1, 1.5 and 2).

What do you mean older heat treat? Did they used to be run harder?

So far, I am surprised there is not as much love for the GB1 as I thought there was. Interesting. Maybe it's only legendary in my mind, and those other 5 pollsters who know where it's at :thumbup: :)

Yes I'd buy a sprint with G-10 scales in something other than black. I don't like the stock scales. Especially because there's not much of a guard, grippier scales would be an improvement.

rather have a 2 with the thicker liners and liner lock of the 1...so i guess a 3 version. best of both knives in one.

I still carry my original all the time. Maybe one with either solid carbon fiber scales(not the g10 laminate) or red or blue carbon fiber like the domino or dice. Can't mess with the m4 or its not a Gayle Bradley.:cool:

What do you mean older heat treat? Did they used to be run harder?

It was said during earlier days somewhere that initial release have higher HRC. Can't find the link anymore though, but solid liners make cleaning easier, less place for water to hide, in any case it's already heavy.

PS: it's an opinion from one who never hold the GB1 skeletonized liner and shocked with how light GB2 is.

i'm not so big on sprint-runs! but still EDC mine,also i really don't think thy can improve on the #1 as its bullet prof as is,and vary easy to add or customize with other scales!i like the GB 1 so much i own three just to have.

Well, with more against it than for it, I suppose the chances are slim. Since it's just a dream anyways.....a black DLC Bradley in CPM M4, with dark grey G10 scales would work for me.

Fans......hang on to those GB1s......they might be the last of their kind.

I've got a couple but I would sell one and replace it with a non-black textured G10 version if they offered it.
I much prefer the GB1 to the GB2. That's a comparison video I need to do.

_DSC8724%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsoznijqer.jpg

Chris "Anagarika";17004249 said:
It was said during earlier days somewhere that initial release have higher HRC. Can't find the link anymore though, but solid liners make cleaning easier, less place for water to hide, in any case it's already heavy.

PS: it's an opinion from one who never hold the GB1 skeletonized liner and shocked with how light GB2 is.

Interesting. I have a circa 2008 GB1 that I feel like doesn't hold an edge as well as the one I got in 2011, or the GB2 I got recently.

I'm always game for a harder blade though. I much prefer edge retention over toughness.

Well, with more against it than for it, I suppose the chances are slim. Since it's just a dream anyways.....a black DLC Bradley in CPM M4, with dark grey G10 scales would work for me.

Fans......hang on to those GB1s......they might be the last of their kind.

Damn a DLC GB1 with grey scales sounds amazing!!!

Back