1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

If Spyderco brought back the GB1 as a sprint, would you buy one?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by kidcongo, Mar 14, 2017.

Would you purchase a Gayle Bradley (GB1) Sprint Run

1. Yes I would buy a GB1 sprint run

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, I would not be interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ToxicBot11

ToxicBot11

Apr 28, 2013
    Not interested in a sprint and they went out of production so leave em that way..keeps the ones out there kinda cool and special.

They made a lot of the GB's over their 5 or 6 year lifespan so they are relatively easy to find if you really want one.

The GB2 is also a good knife but IMO very different than the GB...

2. P2P

P2P Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Sign me up for a GB made in Colorado. I'd be all over that one. With some Blue micarta handles. M4 of coarse.

I can dream, can't I?

3. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001
    Microchipping maybe? I don't know. I have two of full liners version, one active duty, the other isn't yet used or anything.

Cody (OP),

Perhaps we will see the rare sprint run: exactly same as old production (because there's no improvement needed) ;)
    About your poll, probably those who love GB1 likely have had backups so not needing another runs.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  4. dcycleman

dcycleman

Feb 16, 2009
    Yes I would def buy one

5. soundshaman

soundshaman

Jan 29, 2013
    I still edc mine too, but would love another. The only thing that could change is the color. Other then that it's such a perfect knife.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

6. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    It's actually one of the only knives I have a NIB back up of because I love the GB1. It's one of the best project/weekend warrior knives I've ever had.

I guess I'd be more interested in a GB3... bring back the choil!

[​IMG]

7. skwurll

skwurll

Oct 12, 2008
    Early solid liners where supposedly 64 RC. GB1 is unique & should be in the line up, maybe sales were dropping & the market was saturated w/GB1's.

I would buy one!

8. Bigfitz

Bigfitz

May 29, 2013
    I just ordered one from knifeworks. After all the good things I've heard about the GB1 in this forum, I can't wait to put this knife to work and see what it can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    GB1 is one of my all time favorite EDCs. The GB2, while a nice knife, is not in the same league. I had a 2 and sold it. I carry a 1 and bought a spare. If they do a sprint run, I will buy one.

10. kidcongo

kidcongo

Jan 12, 2013
    "The only knife I ever designed from
    A purely utilitarian viewpoint". Gayle Bradley

Nice to see the "yes" votes are gaining a little ground on the "no" votes. The GB1 is not a knife that sells itself in pictures. Frankly, if I didn't love it, I'd call it butt-ugly. Why do I love it? Because I use it......and as they say, "to know her is to love her".

These videos have been shared before, but always worth another glance:

Bradley on the Bradley:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0IxU-fuW4

"When you cut with it....that's when this knife is coming out to play...that is the glory of this knife": X4CTO:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_lL_B3t6jNI

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  11. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Gb1 rules. It is just perfect the way it is. I like the thick liner lock alot. I have his Spyderco Air which is another neat little knife and is like the Gayle Bradley version of the Kiwi. I always liked the knife, never thought it was ugly.

12. kidcongo

kidcongo

Jan 12, 2013
    That's awesome. I'm sure your only negative thought will be "why didn't I do this years ago?"

13. DapperDan

DapperDan

Aug 3, 2009
    Although the original Gayle Bradley was a nice knife, I didn't like it because it was too thick and heavy. I sold it. I now own the Gayle Bradley 2 and like it much better.

14. dcycleman

dcycleman

Feb 16, 2009
    The Upgrade wasn't an upgrade.........

15. bearfacedkiller

bearfacedkiller

Jan 23, 2014
    Yes. Absolutely. Dark green G10 and 10V would be my flavor of choice.

16. jonnieb27

jonnieb27

Sep 13, 2008
    I have both. To me, the GB2 is a dress version of the GB1. Lighter, thinner, a little more delicate, but still a user.

Hard to improve on the GB1 for an all around tough work knife. Not sure it needs a sprint. Better idea is a GB3 of some sort.

17. RLDubbya

RLDubbya HMFIC

Dec 21, 2016
    Why not start by Cerakoting a stock GB1?

18. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    Nothing wrong with my GB1. I have a NIB non-skeletonized one. I've used the skeletonized one extensively and it's been great. Holds a sharp edge for a long time. Isn't terrible to sharpen after an initial reprofile. Still waiting to get a GB2.

19. adamrockcrawler

adamrockcrawler Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Heck yes!

20. dcycleman

dcycleman

Feb 16, 2009
    Gb1 with dlc blade and green micarta scales