If you could only have 1

I had two. Kept the one that had more of a symmetrical grind. After a few sharpening’s it’s pretty much a V now. Being a lefty makes the Asymmetrical grinds a little frustrating when doing anything with the knife besides chopping.
Yeah, I was debating whether or not to V mine, but I'm a righty, so it kinda just makes for easy sharpening as an asymmetric for now 💫💫

View attachment 1805992

I think this one covers all the bases now. gk4ever2 gk4ever2 Thank you for introducing me to the Basic 7 a few years ago, you were right 👍

Yeah, the weight and balance of the Basic 7 along with the Res C makes it one of my all-time favorite Busse knives. If chopping was not a consideration, then the Basic 7 would take the top spot. If I needed a knife that was a decent chopper too, then my pick would be either a Basic 9 or Basic 11 (they're closer in size than the names imply – the B9 has an almost 10" blade).

Something about these P&L's has it going on, can't wait for the new ones in Stonewash. Might just be my top pick for a belt knife these days when the weight isn't a factor, otherwise my Military Overrun 511 takes that spot.

This might be a weird question. You have some excellent experience re profiling blades. How difficult would it be to get that harpoon fin off the top of the P&L ? I’m thinking that swedge might actually make for more damage if used in a defensive manner, maybe worth keeping ? Looks like a mean little destruction tool 👍👍

I've acquired quite a few Busse & "Kin" knives over the last few years. (*Still not in the league of most of you) And, for me and my uses, it's a pretty easy choice.

Busse Hell Razor 2, no doubt... (*Pick a color, any color)

EDIT- An INFI Ratweiler would be a VERY CLOSE second. (*and I sure as hell wish they'd make 'em again, and give me the chance at two or three more...and I'll bet I'm not alone. [*No pun intended])

Last edited:
This might be a weird question. You have some excellent experience re profiling blades. How difficult would it be to get that harpoon fin off the top of the P&L ? I’m thinking that swedge might actually make for more damage if used in a defensive manner, maybe worth keeping ? Looks like a mean little destruction tool 👍👍

Honestly I am somewhat lost on the whole fin thing. On one hand, I suspect the intent is to have that sharpened to give an extra bit of edge. Having it unsharpened, I really don't like it being there and am not sure that it wouldn't just add another snag point. I've thought about grinding it off and it would not take much work, assuming you have a suitable stone to use that is coarse enough and the abrasive bond is on the stronger side. I have 24 Grit Nubatama stone that would happily chew through that fin in short order. That stone only gets used to change blade patterns though, which I've used to grind the pry bar down on my Scrapivore years ago. That was a bit of work actually because I believe these are 60-62 RC hardness.

No one chose a small knife because you can’t chop trees down or pry doors open.
A 8 inch knife can do that but Busse has lots of those to choose from. My favorites:
DSF-Hog Basic 8
Light enough to carry all day and still get the job done.
But I still need to try them all out to make a fair assessment…..😎
The knife that I hope to get is the ASHBM
I’m going to make that one work one day. 👍

Back