If you could only have 1

Ok, not sure if this is a new (to me) highlander thread, either way maybe new answer. Over the years my "ONE" has been the Original SFNO, The Skinny ASH, and most often my sweet snakeskin FBM, but whoa nelly, I've been camping with the TGULB and feel like it may be the first I grab for a while. Especially as my gear starts to get lighter in general.

Scrapyard Infi. I believe 711?
This blade is running neck and neck as the one if only one was kept. Feels fantastic. Im not too familiar with this knife. I could find SR101 versions but not the Infi option. If someone know when these came to be would be great info to have. Leather I used is utility hide. Feels like suede. Color and basic leather kinda went with the knife.
Thank you

Scrapyard Infi. I believe 711?
This blade is running neck and neck as the one if only one was kept. Feels fantastic. Im not too familiar with this knife. I could find SR101 versions but not the Infi option. If someone know when these came to be would be great info to have. Leather I used is utility hide. Feels like suede. Color and basic leather kinda went with the knife.
Thank you
SYCKO Alpha dog 6 - came out in May 2019. Only released in INFI (Was supposed to be part of a series). I believe that particular version, tan Res C, was a grab bag only release. NICE knife. You do some really nice leatherwork work as well.

Last edited:
SYCKO Alpha dog 6 - came out in May 2019. Only released in INFI (Was supposed to be part of a series). I believe that particular version, tan Res C, was a grab bag only release. NICE knife. You do some really nice leatherwork work as well.
Thank you for the info.šŸ‘

Overall, ā€œthe oneā€ for me would be the cabs that I let go šŸ˜’ but of all the Busseā€™s that I kept (out of the dozens I have had over the years) the 2 that I use the most are the SAR 3 LE and a game warden.

I had Ban do one for me way back when he was starting as well. He did such a great job
Yes he did, that thing was like a light saber. That said, the one I held onto out of the 100 plus Busse knives is my stripped Basic 11. The perfect mix of power and usability without being overly heavy and fits my smallish hands phenomenally. If I had a Basic 9 that may even be better carry wise, but I have never had my hands on one to confirm.

Yes he did, that thing was like a light saber. That said, the one I held onto out of the 100 plus Busse knives is my stripped Basic 11. The perfect mix of power and usability without being overly heavy and fits my smallish hands phenomenally. If I had a Basic 9 that may even be better carry wise, but I have never had my hands on one to confirm.

I was lucky to score this one, which I am pretty sure is the only one done by norcal blacktail. Full refinish in satin with a screaming edge

DnEbdUk.jpg

Back