1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by VicAlox74, Oct 9, 2019.

1. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    This is the only one you can carry. From now on. :eek:

Which one would you choose and why? Is there a tool or tools that you can't do with out?

I'd go with the Swisschamp. No matter which SAK i take with me, I usually wish i took that one. :)

Jarhead Greasemonkey likes this.
  2. Titan

Titan

Jan 21, 1999
    Same here! Swisschamp FTW!

3. John Rambo

John Rambo

Sep 10, 2019
    Yep, I'm going to have to go with the swisschamp as well. I never leave the house without it.

4. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Alox Solo
    Why? Because I have a strong preference for single blade knives. I understand that, for many, SAKs (or the SAK experience) are pretty much defined by the extras...but they've never really appealed to me.
    I didn't even own one until very recently. Heck, I didn't even know I wanted one until I saw it.

5. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    If I could only have one it would be a Fieldmaster. I usually carry a small set of pliers with my sak and the Fieldmaster along with the pliers has everything I need and nothing I don’t.

redsparrow likes this.
  6. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    I prefer a Deluxe Tinker in belt pouch or Tinker in my pocket.
    Rich

redsparrow likes this.
  7. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Most days (lately) an Evogrip 11 is in my RFP. It's only two layers and has the tools I like to have handy...
    [​IMG]

...but I also have a Classic on my key chain.

The Fieldmaster is very close to a combination of the two and it adds a saw. So like @Grateful, a Fieldmaster (carried in a clip on sheath) would be my choice, if I was only allowed one VIC.
    [​IMG]

8. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Well, now I want a Fieldmaster! I was tempted to recommend the Huntsman, the only negative being the corkscrew (my preference, I realize YMMV). I wasn't aware of the Fieldmaster until now but I will have to make it my choice for "if you could have only one" since it is identical to the Huntsman except for the Phillips screwdriver. (I've had a Woodsman for over 40 years, a gift from my wife. She said she spent a long time looking over the various models and finally picked it. I think she did an excellent job. It is the same as the modern Huntsman but lacks the toothpick and tweezers. The saw and scissors are what really do it for me.)

jmh33, Grateful and redsparrow like this.
  9. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    The Compact, unquestionably.

It was the only SAK I carried for a couple of decades, and it never let me down.

10. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Pioneer X for me. Everything I need, and nothing of what I don't need on a daily basis.

redsparrow likes this.
  11. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    If I only had to choose one, it would probably be one I actually don’t have. A camper. I like the idea of the saw, and even though I don’t open wine bottles, but that corkscrew can do other tasks and hold the little eyeglass screw driver I find sorta handy. The can open can cover the Phillips heads I run across. I have a couple of Huntsman's already but find them just a tad to big for my preference in pocket carry.

redsparrow and Grateful like this.
  12. jacksterp

jacksterp Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 3, 2011
    I'll say the Huntsman.

But I'd really like to try the Ranger 79.

Grateful and Ace Rimmer like this.
  13. Storm 8593

Storm 8593

Jan 4, 2019
    Alox Farmer for me as the inline awl is all kinds of handy for me as an electrician (deburring PVC pipe, starting screw holes, scribing etc) as is the saw. The cap lifter is also most handy for prying and remove beer bottle caps(who'd ve thought :) )

redsparrow likes this.
  14. sam3

sam3

Apr 17, 2001
    Fieldmaster hands down perfect balance of what I need and not too big, don't remember how long I have had mine but all the others could go but it stays

redsparrow, Ace Rimmer and Grateful like this.
  15. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    Sportsman.

I like my first Victorinox - Camper very much, but it is too big to pocket carry and then it is not doing it's job.

redsparrow likes this.
  16. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Definitely the Swisstool. I carry one everyday and could not live without it!

WILLIAM.M and Grateful like this.
  17. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    Settler, preferably in red. You didn't say it had to be current right? :)

Jarhead Greasemonkey likes this.
  18. Jarhead Greasemonkey

Jarhead Greasemonkey Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2015
    If I've got pants on, I've got my Spirit with me...

Love that tool!!!

jeepin likes this.
  19. JasonJ

JasonJ

Oct 28, 2014
    Oh, this is kind of hard... Probably either my Huntsman or my Super Tinker. The wood saw is handy... and used, but could probably live without.

If it wasn't for the joy of scissors, I'd go with a Solider (either 61 or 08 version), or a Farmer.

redsparrow and Grateful like this.
  20. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Any variation of the Pioneer or soldier alox for me

MBNortham and redsparrow like this.