If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

Alox Solo
Why? Because I have a strong preference for single blade knives. I understand that, for many, SAKs (or the SAK experience) are pretty much defined by the extras...but they've never really appealed to me.
I didn't even own one until very recently. Heck, I didn't even know I wanted one until I saw it.

Most days (lately) an Evogrip 11 is in my RFP. It's only two layers and has the tools I like to have handy...
otHh4j1.jpg

...but I also have a Classic on my key chain.

The Fieldmaster is very close to a combination of the two and it adds a saw. So like Grateful Grateful , a Fieldmaster (carried in a clip on sheath) would be my choice, if I was only allowed one VIC.
oizw1kX.jpg

Well, now I want a Fieldmaster! I was tempted to recommend the Huntsman, the only negative being the corkscrew (my preference, I realize YMMV). I wasn't aware of the Fieldmaster until now but I will have to make it my choice for "if you could have only one" since it is identical to the Huntsman except for the Phillips screwdriver. (I've had a Woodsman for over 40 years, a gift from my wife. She said she spent a long time looking over the various models and finally picked it. I think she did an excellent job. It is the same as the modern Huntsman but lacks the toothpick and tweezers. The saw and scissors are what really do it for me.)

If I only had to choose one, it would probably be one I actually don’t have. A camper. I like the idea of the saw, and even though I don’t open wine bottles, but that corkscrew can do other tasks and hold the little eyeglass screw driver I find sorta handy. The can open can cover the Phillips heads I run across. I have a couple of Huntsman's already but find them just a tad to big for my preference in pocket carry.

Alox Farmer for me as the inline awl is all kinds of handy for me as an electrician (deburring PVC pipe, starting screw holes, scribing etc) as is the saw. The cap lifter is also most handy for prying and remove beer bottle caps(who'd ve thought :) )

Oh, this is kind of hard... Probably either my Huntsman or my Super Tinker. The wood saw is handy... and used, but could probably live without.

If it wasn't for the joy of scissors, I'd go with a Solider (either 61 or 08 version), or a Farmer.

Back