If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

Honestly, I’d pick a regular SAK Classic. While it certainly isn’t a replacement for a primary knife, it’s great little tool for quick fixes. I carry one on my keys in addition to a full size folder in my pocket for more serious cutting tasks.

That, or an Alox Pioneer

My Pioneer X gets used throughout the day every day. It’s useful like no other SAK I’ve owned.

The Fieldmaster to me is the ultimate SAK. It has every tool you'd want in a knife that size. Two blades, saw, scissors, the screwdriver and can opener attachments and a phillips head screw driver instead of the corkscrew, which I find almost entirely useless.
In fact I would go so far as to say if I could have only one knife at all, it would be the fieldmaster. It's small enough to be carried relatively easily, whilst large enough to handle most knife based tasks you could imagine demanding of a pocket knife.
It's a big winner for me.

Spartan with plus scales, but why on earth are you making me pick? You're so mean. The saw is also very handy, so the Camper... but the scissors...

Executive.
c5AbAtal.jpg

My favored model is the recruit, but since my grandfather's pocket knife of choice was the Victorinox classic that would be it for me.
If I chose the recruit I could never put his classic in my pocket again, and that's just not going to happen.

Now if I could claim the classic as a lanyard bead and attach it to the recruit I'd be all set :D

If it was going to be the only pocket knife I own and it had to be a SAK, it would be the Tourist. The Tourist has a good selection and carries small. I like the corkscrew better than the T handle Phillips. As a glasses wearer, the little eyeglass screwdriver is real handy.

If it was going to be my only SAK, but I had other pocket knives, it would be the Explorer. The Explorer it a little too bulky for shorts or dress pants, but I find it very useful. I like the inline Phillips and use the magnifying glass more than I thought I would.

My favored model is the recruit, but since my grandfather's pocket knife of choice was the Victorinox classic that would be it for me.
If I chose the recruit I could never put his classic in my pocket again, and that's just not going to happen.

Now if I could claim the classic as a lanyard bead and attach it to the recruit I'd be all set :D

Or, you could take a classic, add a Victorinox Quatro as a lanyard deco piece, and put a P-38 in your wallet. Then, like your grandpa, you'd be ready for about 98% of what you will encounter in the real world of life.

Grandpa would approve.:thumbsup:

Back