iMamba vs CRK in 2024

Good morning everyone,

I've been a silent reader for a while and now seek advice for my first higher tier knife. I've been carrying a Spyderco Endura 4, that was gifted to me over 5 years ago and I never cared to look into knives deeper, until I recently got a Sage 5 and am now eyeing a titanium frame lock knife. Considering the CRK for its reputation, but curious if the Imamba is a better choice in 2024.

I appreciate clean lines, simple yet efficient design, and smooth, not necessarily guillotine, action and would probably prefer bearings as it's not hard use. For my first $400+ Ti Frame Lock knife, is the Imamba a worthy alternative to the CRK?

Thanks for any insights!

p.s. if this makes any difference, my son is turning 1 this Sunday, and I would love to have a knife I can pass down to him.

Honestly, I like the size of the Sage 5 and don't mind the Endura. I want something that can be comfortable in the pocket.

PJ or Inlayed?

I agree that you can’t go wrong with either but if I was only going to have one it would be a CRK all day. The Sebenza is as close to perfect (IMO) as a knife can be. As far as 21 vs 31 I do prefer the 21 personally but I also love the 31. The 21 requires less “pressure” to open and close than a 31 when new but I have a few 31s that are as broken in and as smooth or possibly smoother than some 21s. If one and done CRK, if you like variety get both haha. Welcome, hold on tight they tend to multiply quickly haha!!

I agree that you can’t go wrong with either but if I was only going to have one it would be a CRK all day. The Sebenza is as close to perfect (IMO) as a knife can be. As far as 21 vs 31 I do prefer the 21 personally but I also love the 31. The 21 requires less “pressure” to open and close than a 31 when new but I have a few 31s that are as broken in and as smooth or possibly smoother than some 21s. If one and done CRK, if you like variety get both haha. Welcome, hold on tight they tend to multiply quickly haha!!
One and done is my preferred route, as of right now. If you're into firearms/AR's I went the one and done route with a KAC for reference.

Mind if I ask, if CRK wasn't made in USA and didn't offer their spa service would it still be top choice?

I understand that! I would say yes on your question. It would still be a Sebenza for me. Again, I own both and love both so I think it comes down to what you are looking for preference wise. I don’t think you will be disappointed it’s either!

If I could only have one… it’d probably be the inkosi… but only because it brings back good memories of my seb25

I do love my imamba though… now I think about it… a flipper on washers might change my mind….

I think I will go for a large inkosi

I like my Imamba bit ILO CRK is still superior but I would pick an Inkosi or an Umnumzaan prior to a Sebenza

This being said I have one Imamba a that is also amazing

If you like the Endura, you’ll be disappointed how small the iMamba is. The only reason why I don’t own one, but own several CRKs.
What are you talking about? Its almost the exact size of the large sebenza.

I think I will go for a large inkosi

I like my Imamba bit ILO CRK is still superior but I would pick an Inkosi or an Umnumzaan prior to a Sebenza

This being said I have one Imamba a that is also amazing
Crk isnt even close to superior. I own every model crk folder currently offered, and 2 imambas. AB beats em in fit and finish, customer service, and options. Frankly, crks feel like a gas station knife in comparison. Crks "spa service" is useless tripe that takes months. I have access to a blaster, so thats no draw, and the last 2 i got back from them had more issues than when sent in.

Crk isnt even close to superior. I own every model crk folder currently offered, and 2 imambas. AB beats em in fit and finish, customer service, and options. Frankly, crks feel like a gas station knife in comparison. Crks "spa service" is useless tripe that takes months. I have access to a blaster, so thats no draw, and the last 2 i got back from them had more issues than when sent in.
I have an Imamba and I have ordered a second one, I really like this model
But I still prefer the large Inkosi over the imamba
at the end I think they are quite close in term of for and finish for the plain Jane versions but the philosophy of use is different
The Imamba is a superior medium edc in many ways but for someone looking for a very versatile knife that be can both an edc and a solid work knife, the Inkosi is my pick

I have an Imamba and I have ordered a second one, I really like this model
But I still prefer the large Inkosi over the imamba
at the end I think they are quite close in term of for and finish for the plain Jane versions but the philosophy of use is different
The Imamba is a superior medium edc in many ways but for someone looking for a very versatile knife that be can both an edc and a solid work knife, the Inkosi is my pick
I did end up grabbing a Large Sebenza, and also have a Small Seb arriving this week to compare. Initial reaction is the large is a bit too large for my needs.

Back