Important announcement regarding DPx Gear and ESEE Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don's on assignment to Colombia to take out the manufacturer of our soft good line.

I, for one, am happy they split. The more great knife makers, the better.

I am also happy Robert Pelton met Jeff Randall. Their association helped get Pelton's foot in the door of knife designing.

I am not happy that my fellow knife enthusiasts are so fickle and fanboyish (new word). Last week if I would have asked the ones complaining if the HEST Folder will be worth a crap, they would have responded to me like I am an idiot newb in the knife world. Now ...

Pelton and Randall seem to be dealing with their separate directions well, so why are we sweating it.

Semper Fi

Sgt. Warren Peace, USMC
(yes it is my real name)

Simply put, RYP is an honorable man. ESEE doesn't deal with dishonorable people - Period. DPx is going places and we are happy to see that, and damn happy to just know we were a small part of it. Rock on!

Don's on assignment to Colombia to take out the manufacturer of our soft good line.

Decisions, decisions, just how does one top the classic message of The Columbian Necktie? I mean, Columbians invented it, after all... :D

Actually, I shouldn't have started this joke, someone in a Department of INsecurity might take it seriously. :D

I'm also glad that Don won't be showing up at my front door to "hit" me. I've met the man. :eek:
:D Sorry Don, couldn't resist. Now you COULD show up anytime you want for a cup of coffee, or a brew. :)

I have given up on my days of, "I don't get mad, I get stabby!" I am a much more mellow and reserved and refined sporting man, much like John "Doc" Holiday now. :D

Decisions, decisions, just how does one top the classic message of The Columbian Necktie? I mean, Columbians invented it, after all... :D

Actually, I shouldn't have started this joke, someone in a Department of INsecurity might take it seriously. :D

I'm really regretting looking up what a Columbian Necktie is. Pretty gruesome stuff there :eek::barf:

Homo homini lupus, my friend. Best way to not get knifed or necktied or anything else in that realm is to know about it and know how it is done. You're in a survival-based forum, after all. :)

Homo homini lupus, my friend. Best way to not get knifed or necktied or anything else in that realm is to know about it and know how it is done. You're in a survival-based forum, after all. :)

Oh I completely agree and didn't mean to make it sound like I was a little girl going "ewwwww". I guess it just sometimes surprises me at how brutal man can be to one another, Homo homini lupus indeed. It's a nice privilege to be able to live in a sheltered world where statistically I'm never going to have to shoot or kill somebody. Unfortunately the rest of the world isn't like this, but that is exactly why I hang out in forums like this, love traveling the world, and meeting new people...is to learn.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Anyway I didn't mean to take this so far off topic. We should take this elsewhere since this has nothing to do with the initial ESEE/DPX announcement

So whats the word on the numbed knives, I see the countdown is gone but the web site is back up.
Can someone give me the info on when the are going to ship? Thank you

another way to avoid being neck-tied is to spell it right...there's no letter u in colombia :)

So whats the word on the numbed knives, I see the countdown is gone but the web site is back up.
Can someone give me the info on when the are going to ship? Thank you

dpx gear has their own manufacturer's sub-forum now. you'll get a quicker answer from ryp himself if you ask there.

Just picked me up two ESEE HESTs, so I'm good. Hope the split works out for everyone. You both seem like great folks!

Can someone clear up something for me? Who made the D-2 RATS? Will the ESEE sheaths fit the D-2 knives? How about the ESEE grips, will they fit the D-2 knives?

EarlFH

Can someone clear up something for me? Who made the D-2 RATS? Will the ESEE sheaths fit the D-2 knives? How about the ESEE grips, will they fit the D-2 knives?

EarlFH

Ontario makes the D-2's.

My D-2 fits all 3 of my ESEE sheaths.

The ESEE scales will not fit the D-2 Ontario's without redrilling new, and filling existing, holes.

We are maintaining a certain number of ROWEN made DPx HEST knives in stock for any future warranty replacements. But we will ONLY honor a HEST built by Rowen, so if the HEST gets made elsehwere and breaks, then that's not our issue. It's pretty easy for us to know if a HEST was made by Rowen.

Please forgive me for my ignorance and possibly beating a dead horse but I just purchased this HEST --->HEST from Chestnut Ridge and am wondering/hoping it is a ROWEN made one.

They say it has the Lifetime Warranty, but I'm still a little confused as to who is doing the warrantying (is that a word?) on that particular knife.

You can stop wondering.... it is a ROWEN made one.. :thumbup: .. :)

ESEE will be the warrantor of the ROWEN made HEST.

Welcome to Blade Forums. :)

You can stop wondering.... it is a ROWEN made one.. :thumbup: .. :)

ESEE will be the warrantor of the ROWEN made HEST.

Welcome to Blade Forums. :)

Thanks for the info and the welcome. I can't wait 'til I get my new knife. I don't expect it to need a warranty, but it's nice to know it has one.

Btw, I became interested in ESEE knives from this discussion, -->Knife Thread - BB.com, which ultimately led me here. Just thought I'd share that as a way of introducing myself.

You are more likely to see Jeff's knife being used down south on a deer, you are more likely to see our stuff used in the back alleys on a terrorist ;)

This is quite a telling statement, and one that encapsulates this whole discussion on the differences between ESEE and DPx HEST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back