In support of the Hasiya

I want to try to get enough support going for a run of Hasiya or "womens blades" the sickles that were made about 9 years ago, I just love the design of these things and think if we could get about 20 people wanting one it would be worth it for them to slap them out again! can someone please link the relevant knife, im horrible at this computer thing. ( if you guys promise to support the hasiya i will quit buying all the deals of the day and give you a chance)

If it means getting a DOD now and then this is worth it.

:D i feel bad now( only in the fairness sense, i could not be happier i had the money to splurge on khukris when i got the chance)

I could see my wife using one of them! "Honey I think its time for a haircut don't ya think?". I just showed her the pic Bawanna posted and she says she's got to have one so count me in! btw..is hikv contagious?

Im pretty sure it hits hardest when you are looking for something to enjoy hobby wise and have a few extra dollars ndog, but if you can convince the wife to buy them, by all means start a combine collection like i did with my brother and father ~!

Im pretty sure it hits hardest when you are looking for something to enjoy hobby wise and have a few extra dollars ndog, but if you can convince the wife to buy them, by all means start a combine collection like i did with my brother and father ~!

Oh.... so get the whole family sick! Great idea! If you dont have the right Khuk then you could always browse through the families collection! Your one step ahead of me Gehazi!

it is my secret-- and why I have bought so many! i just show them the deal of the day "let me buy this for you, you will love it" bam

:D i feel bad now( only in the fairness sense, i could not be happier i had the money to splurge on khukris when i got the chance)

I was totally jesting Gehazi, any time you got the coin and a DOD blows your dress up you jump on it. I surely won't hold nothing against ya, or call ya greedy or a lucky SOB or nothing like that. It's all fair in love and DOD's.

I've had far more than my fair share of luck with all things HI related. I consider myself very very blessed.

Go forth and nail those deals. I'll be cheering from the sidelines or competing on the rare occasions when I have coin, or an insatiable desire worthy of a wife beating which actually happens more often than not.

I want to try to get enough support going for a run of ...

If you have an unexsplained hankering for a blade, strange dreams that appear in the night or day, that blade may be in the back of a dusty shelf in Yangdu's warehouse, calling out to its rightful owner. Do your knife a favor and give Yangdu a call. She may be able to unite you.

Or perhaps your blade is calling you from the Bardo realm, waiting to be born. Yangdu may be able to have just what you want made. HI is not like a modern factory that has to tool up for a run. Each knife is made individually by skilled craftsmen using a forge, hammers, anvils, steel, wood, horn and charcoal. As long as they have their raw materials they're good to go.

yeah i bothered auntie extensively about custom things, I am in line for a kothhimoda in september , and I hope to get a hasiya with that order ( depending on how much I can get made), but , yeah thats why I love this place! I thought more people might be into the idea of the hasiya and bolo ! kami very busy or they would already be working on my orders!
I could not be happier though with the wait, I came here wanting to buy a single fancy knife as a heirloom for the family , auntie told me wait , kami's were too busy for customs-- so i started prowling and buying in stock and deals of the day! the things you mention in the last sentence are what keep me wanting more, I just can feel a soul in this, that you just dont find in a gun(though i love the machinery, its more like a clock and you can't see a man's work in the steels subtle reflections ...I absolutely love everything I have ever gotten both in 1999-2001 and 2013 , and feel good about the company it supports. I will be here as long as I am able, collecting the great works of these craftspeople ! (and when kamis have time they will be making some sweet customs!)

edit:mad:bawanna et al, the other half of why this is such a great place is the forum community , not just the great people at HI and their wonderful blades, but the people here who really show lots of positive energy to each other.

Last edited:
The side of the tracks I live on I have to ask how much first but I want one too if I can come up with enough loot.

Don't want to be left behind ya know. Keep up with the Jones's and all that.

Watch a really neat video of a Nepali Kami actually at work making the traditional sickle called a Hoinseah by the poster.
[video=youtube;8sWhhe7KAZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sWhhe7KAZE[/video]

I love the traditional tribal sickle of Nepal. Good utility and I like the way the Nepalis carry it (see photos below).
tribal sickle of Nepal 2.jpgtribal sickle of Nepal 1.jpgHoinseah (sickles).jpg

I have a hasiya that may have seen more utility time than any other blade. It's dinged, its a bit rusty in spots, the tip is more rounded than pointed from finding hidden rocks...but man does it work and work and work. Zebra grass, saplings, and all manner of woody reeds have fallen season after season to my hasiya.

Would LOVE to see a really rough villager version show up with a thin spine and crazy sharp point.

i want one of those circular things they carry with them , is that a wooden sheathe?

I don't know if Himalayan Imports makes the wooden sheath version (I hope so though). The Hoinseah, hasiya, or Aanchi (we call it a sickle in the West) is the most popular cutting tool in Nepal and possibly the World. It is useful even in camping if you have a good one and know how to use it.
Aanchi Nepali Sickle.jpg

Interesting note: The Lambendh and Hanshee (sounds like Hanshiya/Hasiya for sickle) Kukris have this round sickle type blade.

Last edited:
I have one that looks exactly like the one in the first thread Karda linked to. It is a beautiful knife and I like it very much. If you can get one, do so.

Back