In your opinion, what's the biggest money rip-off in terms of knife ?

What knives, according to you doesn't deserve their price-tag ?

To me, it has to be the Benchmade Griptilian 551.

The whole thing feels like a toy. Cheap plastic handles, partial liners... for the price of around the Para-military 2 ? Big no from me. I dig the design of the knife, but I can't help to feel like it's a rip-off.

What's yours ?

I am engaging in heresy and immediately ducking for cover, Sebenza was special 20+ years ago, now, at $350 to $500, fogetaboutit! :rolleyes: :eek:

I concur. At least update those crappy, pointy, difficult for large fingers to grip thumbstuds.

Anything "overbuilt," "tactical," folding prybar, stupidly thick and obtuse grinds, are just money wasted. If I need to pry, I'll buy a pry bar. If I need "tactical" or self defense, well I've got guns and Caney Joe. (68" solid hickory walking stick)

If I need something "overbuilt," designed to survive nuclear holocaust, zombie apocalypse, and space invaders, it won't be a folder.

Chisel grinds. If I need a chisel, I'll buy one.

We all know the companies who fall into these categories. The most heavy duty knives I have are a TSF Beast and a ZT 0095S90BLK.

Whether its a $5 Mtech or a $500 Medford, no thank you. I'd rather have a $1 jarbenza.

If I need to pry, I'll buy a pry bar. If I need "tactical" or self defense, well I've got guns and Caney Joe. (68" solid hickory walking stick)

If I need something "overbuilt," designed to survive nuclear holocaust, zombie apocalypse, and space invaders, it won't be a folder.

Chisel grinds. If I need a chisel, I'll buy one.
AMEN!!! :thumbsup:

Not a knife, but knife adjacent. This Emerson "combat axe" retails for a staggering $1995:

timthumb.php

Seems like a lot for a waterjetted piece of steel with some light grinding and a bit of maple.

The problem with threads like this is

“if I don’t like it it’s a waste of money, but if I do it’s a great value”

I like my chisel ground Emerson, I like my Sebenza, I like some overbuilt folders, and I like my GECs

I’m going to pry with my knives, cut cans with them, dig with them, cut sand paper with them et. al. So super thin cuts like a laser just isn’t a priority

While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mine is generally the correct one. :D:eek::rolleyes:

Btw, there needs to be an emoji that's has a poop on its head, effectively a ****head. I think that applies to many people and posts. (including especially me)
Or a beef torpedo emoji.

The only real ripoff I can think of is that one company that takes cheap 440c blade OTFs with pot metal handles, re-brands them and sells them for $200.

Back