Information from Instagram and Facebook!

It's been interesting to see in the last week all the trade offers in the Facebook fan group. People are offering up Busse's, Benchmade's and ESEE's trying to trade for GSO's. I haven't seen a trade go through so far.

Another observation, eBay sales seem to have slowed down. We seem to be in a dry spell on the secondary market while the crew is finding their groove with the new methods for starter models.

Yeah no joke! I got a few messages from people wanting to trade for my GSO 6, but I would only trade for a 10.

Does anyone know if the new 5.1s being shipped have this new heat treat?

I would say I am 98% certain all the new knives will have the new heat treat, I was just too lazy to search the forums for the exact post(s) to fill in that 2% uncertainty...

I would say I am 98% certain all the new knives will have the new heat treat, I was just too lazy to search the forums for the exact post(s) to fill in that 2% uncertainty...

Good news! Even more motivation for me to keep an eye out!

They do have the new heat treat and peened finish.

I bet they got riz's 5.1 corroding as we speak. They hadn't seen enough rust on his to put it together and send it to him, that's why his is taking so long. ;)

I hope Guy patents this heat treat when it's perfected. Much like Busse did to SR101

The heat treat is not done by Guy so he can't patent the heat treat. Technically speaking if the heat treat was derived because of his collaboration with Peter's then maybe they can work out an exclusive deal together, which usually will mean more costs involved on Survive! just so that Peter's heat treat could sustain his business dealing with Survive! solely. I am not sure if this is true in the US but this is very true here in where I am.

I hope Guy patents this heat treat when it's perfected. Much like Busse did to SR101

from other threads it appears to be a combination effort with Peters Heat treat and maybe Nathan the machinist and or Dan Keffler? It would be kind of fun, if the combined efforts result in something so different to rename it as something special to denote 3v w/super treat...

Back