Inkosi challenge

Congrats to those who have completed the challenge! šŸ„³

Day 14 for me. Mid 30s and and some sun today, so I got on the the trail for a 9.5 mile hike. Trying to earn another IAT patch for my collection.

ioT9EJ1l.jpg

Congrats to those who have completed the challenge! šŸ„³

Day 14 for me. Mid 30s and and some sun today, so I got on the the trail for a 9.5 mile hike. Trying to earn another IAT patch for my collection.

ioT9EJ1l.jpg
Nice !

This challenge has taught me several things.

1) I cannot be called upon to photograph any knife daily, even when I quite like the thing.

2) I enjoy the Inkosi a great deal, but it doesn't top the Sebenza for me. If I could only have two knives, well, they'd both be Sebenzas. But if there were room for a third, the Inkosi would make the cut.

3) There is not a world of difference between the Sebenza and the Inkosi. They each emphasize different aspects of the same ingenious design. The Sebenza is more svelte, but is by no means weak. The Inkosi is tough, but not exactly a brute. Overall blade geometry made less of a difference in cutting performance than I imagined.

4) If I have to disassemble a CRK, let it be a Sebenza.

5) I don't think there's much in terms of "dialing in" an Inkosi action. Unless you want to modify the washers, it will run like a CRK. They are all kind of the same.

Before I bought my first CRK I walked into DLT Trading and asked them to describe or show me the difference between the Inkosi and Sebenza...

Having both now I understand the look the guy gave me.

2) I enjoy the Inkosi a great deal, but it doesn't top the Sebenza for me. If I could only have two knives, well, they'd both be Sebenzas. But if there were room for a third, the Inkosi would make the cut.

3) There is not a world of difference between the Sebenza and the Inkosi. They each emphasize different aspects of the same ingenious design. The Sebenza is more svelte, but is by no means weak. The Inkosi is tough, but not exactly a brute. Overall blade geometry made less of a difference in cutting performance than I imagined.
I very much agree with both of these statements. Personally I find a more dramatic difference between the 25 and the rest of the Sebenza line than I do the Inkosi and the the Sebenza. The 25 still feels like a beast and over built. A bar fighter not a boxer. The refinement to the Inkosi from the 25 really brought the 2 closer and really showed what Chris was after in his Finalā€ Sebenza

With that said, the 2 smoothest CRK I own are a P and a 25ā€¦.

Last edited:
Ah, what the heck! since I'll probably be carrying a CRK anyway, I may as well do another Inkozi challenge for February. If I drop out, so be it.
Anybody else in?
Day 1:
View attachment 2479116

I haven't stopped my Inkosi challenge since I started it in December 2023 šŸ™ƒ I'm on Day #49 but switched to random pics after 31 days (started in the Inkosi appreciation thread).

IMG_7783.JPG

Curious what knife was the first to go in the pocket after the challenge was over. Couldnā€™t wait to carry this one. Havenā€™t been able to carry it since I got it. Definitely added to the difficulty of the challenge! While carrying the same knife had itā€™s advantages picking out a knife this morning was quite enjoyable. I think I lean towards a different knife every day.

IMG_1901.jpeg

Curious what knife was the first to go in the pocket after the challenge was over. Couldnā€™t wait to carry this one. Havenā€™t been able to carry it since I got it. Definitely added to the difficulty of the challenge! While carrying the same knife had itā€™s advantages picking out a knife this morning was quite enjoyable. I think I lean towards a different knife every day.

View attachment 2481378
Well, when the month was over I couldn't wait to switch to the black micarta Inkozi.:)

View attachment 2481378
Actually I have the same Inkosi in my pocket still. February first was my first day of retirement, and the last couple days have been a blur to the point I haven't considered what knife I have had inmy pocket, but I have used it even more than usual this past week.

Back