Inkosi Insingo - New Batch coming in September!!!

First of all I'd like to say thank you to everyone on this forum! I have loved knives my whole life, but have lived in the $40 or less range my whole life. I have recently started looking into what makes good steel and what the names of all these different materials are. I am huge into researching products. Once I decided that I needed a premium blade with top notch quality, I had to start researching knife brands. I had never heard of Chris Reeve Knives!!!! I first came across the Todd Begg Steelcraft Mini Bodega and thought that was the knife for me, but I continued my research.... Chris Reeve Knives came across the plate. The rest is really history. This forum was fantastic in answering all my questions and thoughts even as obscure as some are, such as how the inlay in the handles are attached to the knives.

So to say the least, I've been moderately obsessed with getting my hands on a Small INKOSI INSINGO for my first CRK EDC... The lady one the phone at CRK told me this: They made a small batch for a knife show and sold all of them, apparently that's all that have been sold up to this point. She told me that they are sending out their first production run to all the distributors in September. So mark you calendars to get this amazing piece of art! She didn't give me any specifics on a date in September... I even said "okay so you'll be shipping them out in early September" and she said "we'll be shipping them out in September." So, early/mid/late September. Keep your eyes peeled!

Last edited:
Yup! Ordered a small PJ Inkosi Insingo yesterday from them and got the info then. She said about a month and a half. Great news for sure. I hope I like it as much as my other CRK's...

I put a plain small Inkosi Insingo on order from CRK also.... Just incase the distributors sell out before I can place my order, I'll already have the order from CRK in the works. ha. You gotta hedge your bets.

I was lucky enough to snag a Small Inkosi Insingo Micarta at BLADE. I carried it most of the rest of the summer while a couple of my other CRKs were in for spa & engraving. It's a great little blade for sure.

So for all you folks that have carried the Small Inkosi with the drop point blade, how do you like it with the Insingo blade? I've got a small Inkosi with the drop point blade, but really thinking about an Insingo bladed version. Thoughts?

Last edited:
  • Just ordered a small Inkosi Insingo with natural micarta (and a clip insert hole filler thingamadoodad)
  • It would seem that dealers are starting to get some of these in stock
  • I have no idea what I did to generate these "bullets"
  • o_O

Where did you find that one in stock?
All I've seen is the Large Plain Inkosi Insingo... yesterday KnifeArt posted them now BladeHQ has posted them too.

I don't believe they have a dealer membership here so I am not supposed say. Doesn't matter anyway, I just checked and now they are out of stock. Email me and I will tell you if you still want to know.

Oh, okay. If they're out of stock, I don't really need the info then. Thank you. That's gonna be an awesome knife you're getting!

KnifeArt has pics and links to the small Inkosi Insingo as well. They are either out of stock, or have them coming and have gotten everything ready to go for when they come in.

I love my small plain Inkosi, but I might have to check out a black insingo version as well!

I'm waiting to pick up a micarta one. Very tempted to get a plain jane, but holding out! Anyone see any micarta ones yet?

Both smalls. I just got the insingo yesterday. Date of birth was August 30th.
x83SZLX.jpg

I received my call from CRK yesterday telling me my small plain jane InkoSingo is shipping out to me. I'm quite interested to see this latest CRK creation. I like the Insingo blade a lot but it's my first Inkosi...I have been wanting a small 21 PJ Insingo for a while, so I took a chance with this new creation...

Back