Inkosi

SO much better now.

One thing about the loctite though. This is the second time I've applied loctite and made sure there was no play before letting it set overnight. Both times, first time I open the knife after letting the loctite set, there's blade play. Am I doing something wrong or are you supposed to make the screw a little tighter before you let it set? Still love the knife but damn do I appreciate the pivot bushing design.

Last edited:
You may want to set it a little tighter and after a while (or after setting) rotate the pivot screw/nut as a whole. This can be done by rotating from the nut side. The pivot should loosen a bit, but not move the adjustment of the screw. Don't ask me why it works, maybe it allows things to 'get seated'?

You may want to set it a little tighter and after a while (or after setting) rotate the pivot screw/nut as a whole. This can be done by rotating from the nut side. The pivot should loosen a bit, but not move the adjustment of the screw. Don't ask me why it works, maybe it allows things to 'get seated'?
Ok I'll try that, thanks. When you say rotate, how many turns do you do this and I'm assuming counterclockwise direction?

I will say I'm using my purple loctite with a March 2013 "use by" date so it's probably 4 years old. I know it's setting though because I have to use both wrenches to break it free. Just not sure why it's almost like as the loctite sets it's loosening my screw while I sleep lol.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of vibra tite. It is reusable and sets up quicker than loc-tite.

After the loctite sets, you can rotate the pivot either direction, but I rotate so as to not loosen the screw.

Ok I just took it out, cleaned the screw and reapplied. Left it a little tight, tighter than I'd probably want it to be. I don't know what the minimum setting time is but I'm gonna leave it alone for 2-3 hours and see what happens.

I don't have a 25 or Inkosi, but I have several Benchmades. The pivot continues to loosen and break in until you get a 100+ opening and closings. I just tighten the screw in the beginning and don't bother with Loctite until it is broken in. When I do do Loctite, I adjust the pivot screw and decide where I want it, then turn 1 degree more. I check the action the take the screw out and apply Loctite. I check the tightness only opening and closing 5 times or so. I give it a extra 1 degree turn and leave it 24 hours. Once the Loctite has set you can tighten a little more if needed. If you unscrew it lot you may or may not have to reapply the Loctite.

What happens if you don't Loctite? Do you just need to snug things up periodically then?

Some might not like this solution and that's ok, but I'd reapplied my loctite this morning and let it set all day. Definitely tighter than I wanted it. Well I ended up breaking it loose to finish polishing my lugs tonight and I did not clean the threads. I'd wiped residual grease off the blade and didn't reapply any.

The pivot was a tiny bit tighter while screwing due to the residual loctite in the threads. Got it set where I want, and I bet I've opened and closed it 50 to 75 times since I reassembled, and it's just buttery smooth with no play! This is the best the action has been yet. (more breaking in probably hasn't hurt either)

Like I said it's maybe not a clean solution, but it's working for me so far.

0a27ed0280e2ce9b3845e516770d02c5.jpg

Well, you have convinced me. I have an Inkosi on the way from BHQ. :D

Still running with my Inkosi. Sold all other knives, except a Spyderco Military to have on my for a beater blade. The Inkosi is absolute perfection. It is unreal how great this knife is. I honestly think it is the magnum opus of all CRK knives

Well, you have convinced me. I have an Inkosi on the way from BHQ. :D
Make sure you let us know your thoughts!
Still running with my Inkosi. Sold all other knives, except a Spyderco Military to have on my for a beater blade. The Inkosi is absolute perfection. It is unreal how great this knife is. I honestly think it is the magnum opus of all CRK knives
I wish I had the guts to sell all my other knives, but I like them too much, especially my 3 other CRKs. My ideal rotation right now is Inkosi plus my small micarta Insingo, two examples of EDC perfection, but the Inkosi hasn't left my pocket since I got it.

Back