Inkosi

No problem bud. I too love the Mini Ritter with Wilkins. Fits perfect in my hands. This Inkosi fits similar to it but has the finger grooves. So far with some cardboard I cut up, there were no hot spots or anything uncomfortable about it.

It's definitely small.... When I opened the box, I was very surprised at the size. Keep in mind, I have been EDCing my large insingo until a few hours ago.

Did some more cutting tonight wih quite a bit of cardboard. This things a pretty good slicer. It doesn't come close to the slicing ability of my insingo but still very good.

Still haven't noticed any real discomfort with the small knife in my XXL hands. I need to get out and do some cutting in the woods. Makes some walking sticks and pokers for my boys. That will be better test of its feel in my hand.

I must say that I am still a little Leary of the non pivot bushing setup. I don't like the fact that I have to use loctite. Who knows. We will see.

Yeah, that would be a huge difference after carrying the Large Insingo :D I am glad to hear that you haven't noticed any issues with discomfort yet..

Is the Loctite basically mandatory on these, or does it depend on the knife ? I know a lot of people say they need it on the BM Grips for the pivot, but I've been carrying and using Mini Grips since they first hit the market, and I have yet to need it. Loctite is a great thing, but I'm not fond of having to use it on a knife.

So far no issues. But it's to early to tell. Hopefully I can provide more input after today.

Not sure on the pivot yet. I have not taken the knife down yet. Kind of weird for me....first thing I usually do is tear them open.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the locktite. I never used it on my mini grips either. That's why I'm still on the fence about this design. I also don't understand why they couldn't have made the pivot screw a 5/64 hex just like the rest of the hardware. I get the pivot is bigger, but it still could have retained the same wrench size.

Oh well. Only time will tell. Worst case.....I will be selling this and picking up another small insingo.

Yeah, that would be a huge difference after carrying the Large Insingo :D I am glad to hear that you haven't noticed any issues with discomfort yet..

Is the Loctite basically mandatory on these, or does it depend on the knife ? I know a lot of people say they need it on the BM Grips for the pivot, but I've been carrying and using Mini Grips since they first hit the market, and I have yet to need it. Loctite is a great thing, but I'm not fond of having to use it on a knife.

I was glad to hear that TKC does not use Loctite. I would be interested to know if anyone else leaves it out. I have little experience with it and would just as soon leave it off if it isn't absolutely necessary. If I had to turn a fastener a touch every once in a while that really seems minor.

I have not broken down any of my CRKs yet though, as they are all new within the last couple months so I am no expert.

I have never used loctite on any of my CRK knives.
I've only had issues with one pivot on my Umnumzaan coming loose and on that I used Teflon tape and it worked like a charm.

I have never used loctite on any of my CRK knives.
I've only had issues with one pivot on my Umnumzaan coming loose and on that I used Teflon tape and it worked like a charm.

I would rather use Teflon tape over lock tite.
I just serviced my insingo and its smooth sailing. No lock tite necessary.

I'm leaning towards the bushing setup. I just need to tear down the Inkosi and see for myself.

What works best for me is when you take it apart, don't clean the threads. The residual loctite will be enough to hold it in place once you get it dialed back in to where you want it. I definitely like mine because it's different than a Sebenza. I always appreciate a little variety.

Yesterday I moved my daughter and son-in-law out of the house to an apartment about 2 1/2 hours away. I didn't think I would need to do any heavy duty work with my knife but wasn't sure. I was thinking of carrying my large 21 but since I would be doing a lot of bending, lifting and carrying of stuff I was worried about it being a hindrance. Thought about a small 21 but ended up taking the Inkosi. I figured it could handle anything I would throw at it plus its size was very non-intrusive even as I was crouched down assembling stuff. As

I've said before I originally bought this just to try one out figuring it would be a catch-and-release, but it has turned into one of my go-to knives.

So far no issues. But it's to early to tell. Hopefully I can provide more input after today.

Not sure on the pivot yet. I have not taken the knife down yet. Kind of weird for me....first thing I usually do is tear them open.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the locktite. I never used it on my mini grips either. That's why I'm still on the fence about this design. I also don't understand why they couldn't have made the pivot screw a 5/64 hex just like the rest of the hardware. I get the pivot is bigger, but it still could have retained the same wrench size.

Oh well. Only time will tell. Worst case.....I will be selling this and picking up another small insingo.

:D :thumbup:

Yesterday I moved my daughter and son-in-law out of the house to an apartment about 2 1/2 hours away. I didn't think I would need to do any heavy duty work with my knife but wasn't sure. I was thinking of carrying my large 21 but since I would be doing a lot of bending, lifting and carrying of stuff I was worried about it being a hindrance. Thought about a small 21 but ended up taking the Inkosi. I figured it could handle anything I would throw at it plus its size was very non-intrusive even as I was crouched down assembling stuff. As

I've said before I originally bought this just to try one out figuring it would be a catch-and-release, but it has turned into one of my go-to knives.

I'm guessing there were no issues with clip retention ? I'm still in the learning phase of CRK's, but don't recall ever reading about anyone having this issue.
Then again, I haven't done a search yet either :D

:D :thumbup:

I'm guessing there were no issues with clip retention ? I'm still in the learning phase of CRK's, but don't recall ever reading about anyone having this issue.
Then again, I haven't done a search yet either :D

I had a problem with clip retention once. I bought a large Classic that someone had scotchbrited, and it was superslick. Hint, NEVER scotchbrite the lockside of you knife! :grumpy:

A kind soul from this subforum sent me some skateboard tape, a small piece of that under the clip solved my problem. :thumbup:

I feel the same way. Been in my pocket ever since I got it. Only reason I switched to small micarta Insingo yesterday was for a funeral I attended and stayed out of town. Tonight the Inkosi will come out of the safe and ready for tomorrow's EDC.

What I've found so far is that these two knives make a near perfect EDC rotation for me. The Inkosi helps me to appreciate the Sebenza more, specifically it's simplicity, elegance, the different feeling micarta gives, and the Insingo blade shape, and the Sebenza helps me to appreciate the Inkosi design more, specifically the nice blade shape, different and possibly better ergos, a bit more robustness, and the different lockup. They compliment each other very well.

Last edited:
Still carrying it. I almost put my insingo in my pocket, but stuck with this. The lock tite pivot is messing with my head.

I had a problem with clip retention once. I bought a large Classic that someone had scotchbrited, and it was superslick. Hint, NEVER scotchbrite the lockside of you knife! :grumpy:

A kind soul from this subforum sent me some skateboard tape, a small piece of that under the clip solved my problem. :thumbup:

Thanks LW... Skateboard tape works great for a lot of things, and I don't do skateboards :D I never thought of putting it on the clip though :thumbup:

Still carrying it. I almost put my insingo in my pocket, but stuck with this. The lock tite pivot is messing with my head.

:D They are such a great looking knife though

Looks like it's messing with your finger, too! :eek:

:D

Hahaha. That bite was from my insingo. It's mad that there's someone new in collection.

It's a sign :eek:

Thanks LW... Skateboard tape works great for a lot of things, and I don't do skateboards :D I never thought of putting it on the clip though :thumbup:

I didn't put it on the clip, I put it on the lockside under the clip. Worked like a charm, too.

You know, having a small 21 and an Inkosi now in hand together is really the only way to appreciate this knife. I thought initially that it was basically the same as the Sm 21, and questioned the point of creating it, as they fill the same need. Well, that's sort of true. They are similar enough that you maybe don't need both...but I am surprised to see how different they are for two knives that most people could easily mistake for one another. Having both now, it is interesting how many little variances there are aside from the obvious ones like blade shape and pivot, and I like them so far. I can definitely see how some would prefer one of these knives over the other.

Just a couple of observations so far: the Inkosi is smoother opening and sharper than the three Sebenzas I have purchased, straight from the box. That was a nice surprise. The angled clip really doesn't seem to change how the knife hangs in my pocket, but it does feel a bit more comfortable in the hand, and the lessened pressure on the lockbar makes it that much easier to move the bar with your thumb. That is nice and will be popular with people with more delicate thumbs, hahaha. I thought double lugs were odd, since I am not a lefty and would ordinarily not order them, BUT, they serve a nice purpose. The smaller handle of this knife could make it harder to open it up one handed. But having double lugs you can use the thumb and pointer finger, one on each stud, to pinch the blade and get it started moving before you swing the rest of the way out with your thumb. I find the small 21 a bit hard to open, but the Inkosi solves some of that with the default double lugs. The Ink is definitely easier to open than a small 21. Another thing that is cool is the more aggressive jimping, and the additional bit of spine behind the jimping that protrudes out of the handle. I found that this knife allows a modified "flipper" action. If I hold the knife with the spine toward me, I can put my thumb on the rearmost part of the jimping and push and open the blade, rotating it entirely to the open position. Hopefully that makes sense, else I can try to make a video or something. For someone with larger thumbs who struggles to get behind the thumbstud, this might be a preferred way to open. I think I might like it better than using the thumbstuds! The blade is also very robust; the added thickness is great. I am going to call this my "little big knife" - for it's size, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a task a large Seb would do that the Inkosi could not. The larger knife may be more *comfortable*, but I think the Ink could pull it's weight in a pinch and ask for more.

You know, having a small 21 and an Inkosi now in hand together is really the only way to appreciate this knife. I thought initially that it was basically the same as the Sm 21, and questioned the point of creating it, as they fill the same need. Well, that's sort of true. They are similar enough that you maybe don't need both...but I am surprised to see how different they are for two knives that most people could easily mistake for one another. Having both now, it is interesting how many little variances there are aside from the obvious ones like blade shape and pivot, and I like them so far. I can definitely see how some would prefer one of these knives over the other.

Just a couple of observations so far: the Inkosi is smoother opening and sharper than the three Sebenzas I have purchased, straight from the box. That was a nice surprise. The angled clip really doesn't seem to change how the knife hangs in my pocket, but it does feel a bit more comfortable in the hand, and the lessened pressure on the lockbar makes it that much easier to move the bar with your thumb. That is nice and will be popular with people with more delicate thumbs, hahaha. I thought double lugs were odd, since I am not a lefty and would ordinarily not order them, BUT, they serve a nice purpose. The smaller handle of this knife could make it harder to open it up one handed. But having double lugs you can use the thumb and pointer finger, one on each stud, to pinch the blade and get it started moving before you swing the rest of the way out with your thumb. I find the small 21 a bit hard to open, but the Inkosi solves some of that with the default double lugs. The Ink is definitely easier to open than a small 21. Another thing that is cool is the more aggressive jimping, and the additional bit of spine behind the jimping that protrudes out of the handle. I found that this knife allows a modified "flipper" action. If I hold the knife with the spine toward me, I can put my thumb on the rearmost part of the jimping and push and open the blade, rotating it entirely to the open position. Hopefully that makes sense, else I can try to make a video or something. For someone with larger thumbs who struggles to get behind the thumbstud, this might be a preferred way to open. I think I might like it better than using the thumbstuds! The blade is also very robust; the added thickness is great. I am going to call this my "little big knife" - for it's size, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a task a large Seb would do that the Inkosi could not. The larger knife may be more *comfortable*, but I think the Ink could pull it's weight in a pinch and ask for more.

I really like your write up.

Everything you said here nick is spot on. It can take a beating and be small and discrete at the same time. The more I use this thing, the more I like it and understand how robust it actually is.

Well dang, nbp, you got me thinking about getting an Inkosi now. :)

Great write-up. :thumbup:

Back