Inkosi

Thanks for the kind words guys & girls; glad I could help! :) I have practice talking people into Custom lights, so why not CRKs too? haha :insert devil emoji: But seriously, I don't have tons of knowledge of steels and metallurgy and grind angles and such, but I know what feels nice in a hand, what carries or opens well, and what cuts. I just write and review things based on how it is to use them. Y'all can read the specs on the website, you don't need that from me. But I can tell you what it's like to actually use something, and I think that's really what is important.

Glad your truck was parked for that picture Mark! :ahhh:

Oh yes. No driving and knife pic taking for me. hahaha.

speaking of custom lights.....I cannot get enough of my Tinydc! so glad you talked me into that.

I need to get an Inkosi/Tinydc pic in here!

Definitely use that little knife of yours you just got. It can handle it. After the beating I gave mine today, its still rock solid and only took some stropping to get it back to hair shaving sharp. Kind of crazy. I dont think most people realize how much these CRK's can handle. I us the death out of my Insingo every day at work, and this inkosi is about to step into that role also.

So glad that you came over to the knife wide of things. Its pretty cool that we, and others can share multiple hobbies.

Thanks for the kind words guys & girls; glad I could help! :) I have practice talking people into Custom lights, so why not CRKs too? haha :insert devil emoji: But seriously, I don't have tons of knowledge of steels and metallurgy and grind angles and such, but I know what feels nice in a hand, what carries or opens well, and what cuts. I just write and review things based on how it is to use them. Y'all can read the specs on the website, you don't need that from me. But I can tell you what it's like to actually use something, and I think that's really what is important.

Glad your truck was parked for that picture Mark! :ahhh:

The thing that is really a bummer is that at work my gear gets wet all the time so I pretty much have to stick with a Spyderco Pacific Salt since it doesn't rust. They aren't lying about that either! It's great, but it means the knives I really like don't get as much love as I want them too. :(

I known of Nick from CPF and have been following this thread, his purchase and write up (yours too Gizler00 and T.K.C.). It has been a while since I last owned a CRK but that may change with the Inkosi. Small, yet stout. Time to start saving up. ;)

I known of Nick from CPF and have been following this thread, his purchase and write up (yours too Gizler00 and T.K.C.). It has been a while since I last owned a CRK but that may change with the Inkosi. Small, yet stout. Time to start saving up. ;)

"This is knife you're looking for..." ;)

First time chris reeve owner here. Local laws have kept me from purchasing a larger pocket knife. Have finally pulled the trigger on a chris reeve with the inclusion of the Inkosi. I must say I am impressed. It's exactly what i was looking for in a pocket knife, while still adhering to local laws. Keeps a very nice edge with small maintenance. Rugged build, but doesn't put others on edge when i pull it out. Not scared of authorities taking it away due to size (3" is questionable, and any larger will definitely be confiscated here). Quality is top notch. Perfect EDC for me. To note, i got a right hander and am waiting for a left hander to come in.

(I got mine used, but there was a break-in period for mine. Birth date was Feb 25, 2016, so thinking it didn't get much use. Snail trails say it was definitely carried though. Expect some break-in time for the newer batches.)

Last edited:
For me, sans lanyard is what I prefer. On the smalls and especially the Inkosi I find the lanyard to dig into the base of my palm and find it uncomfortable. On the Inkosi it negatively affected how the grip felt in my hand. The 25 is the same way even with the bigger handle. Carrying clipped I don't really like the lanyard erection sticking out of my pocket. It's more tolerable on 21s if the clip is off and I'm using it as a means to extract the knife from my pocket or sheath.

+ 1. On four CRKs the first thing I did after unboxing was remove it. I like a deep discreet carry and that lanyard just sticks out all funny.

Mandalorian weekend combo :)

IMG_1155.jpg

What do you guys think about CRK coming out with a micarta inkosi? A likely possibility for this year?

Back