Introducing The SYKCO Alpha Regulator 9.5!!!. . . Specs And Pricing For Wednesday July 10, 2019!!!

I have wet-sanded out DCBB with like 600, and it does come out like a chrome-ish/matte-chrome kind of deal...it is a great coating and if you have a cabinet, you can refresh constantly (this has been remarked on by many such as (I believe) Cobalt and Clamp)...I am just now seeing its true virtue. In no way does it affect the integrity of the blade...i mean think of A2 and D2, 1095 etc, these things are expected even when keeping up with knives...D2 mostly stains as opposed to oxidizes in my book and A2 will pick up some oxidation (particularly on non-satin areas). I left a NMFBMLE in my yard that I forgot after clearing some vines and palms and ginger and it was covered with about a inch and a half of water in grass and had some orange where satin had been scratched...high grit wiped it off, cannot even tell...it is a pure user and still looks great. I could get it back to ghetto satin easily...not to mention, the patina/oxidation on the real comp finish is only skin deep unless you purposefully neglect it. It takes more elbow grease due to the deeper grooves from milling, although you ca bring those to a shine in no time as well...

Cam

I wonder if hitting it with a Scotchguard wheel or pad would serve the same purpose of closing up those 'pores'?
It's not really open pores as much as it is restructuring of the surface that manipulates reflective light giving a particular appearance by creating peaks and valleys. That is why when I've polished the bead blast finish out the machine marks appear much like the comp finish we're used to. There's some really nerdy stuff going on, on a microscopic level of the surface of the metal and actual surface area. Blasting increases total exposed area exponentially which ultimately exposes say, more surface area of carbon - at least that's my theory LOL! ~ Bottom line is bright and shiny looks awesome and with a little sweat equity you can do a lot with very little :D

This is one of the more practical big blade from Busse !

-Thick spine withfull flat grind ✔
-No CBT ✔
-Res-C handle = more weight toward blade and lighter overall ✔
-And the price is just right! ✔

Well I just grabbed one bigDC and one satin :) The FFG pulled me right in !!! FFG and res-c is gonna be lighter than you’d think.

I have a couple deep hollow grind .32 regs from blade show. And it’s amazing how nice they are :)

I mean.....
FFG
NO CBT.....
Res-C....
Just about sums all a Hog can ask for up in one chunk of INFI....LOVE IT!

+ 5/16” thick including tang thickness

+ a satin option

+ a swedged clip

+ large Regulator handle for max control

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're all a bunch of enablers! ;):D
Yes, I finally bought one, with the DC finish. :)

I see that Satin's gone from the Busse website.

I wonder why they'd have them allocated in advance like that? I'm sure they have a limited number of blanks to work with, but at this point, wouldn't they all be the same?

I see that Satin's gone from the Busse website.

I wonder why they'd have them allocated in advance like that? I'm sure they have a limited number of blanks to work with, but at this point, wouldn't they all be the same?
It probably has something to do with production capacity. These will be a regular offering but likely only in the coated version. A satin finish will take a lot more time and Busse is trying to maintain a relatively fast turnaround time so Jerry likely decided on a fixed number of Satin.

I think it also has something to do with the tooling. As more blades are produced and the bits get dull, it will make it harder to get that pristine blank.

I tend to agree, especially since they’re at least 2 months out.

ETA: This was in response to JTT’s post.

Anybody have an idea of the weight of these? I am hoping for something a lot lighter than the nmfsh (the only one i have with a similar blade length)

Anybody have an idea of the weight of these? I am hoping for something a lot lighter than the nmfsh (the only one i have with a similar blade length)

I’m thinking around 20 oz?
Pure speculation.

Last edited:
Gaaaaaaaaahhhhbh.

I thought I had self control, till Jerry post some knife I NEED like this one!!

Curses upon me!!!!!!!

Back