Introduction

I haven't looked at the site recently; though I did read that it had been updated..
Hopefully things will progress to a point where there are purchase options other than the Friday sales.

Hi Ghost ,

Welcome to the CPK forum. You’ll find really awesome group of people here. Can’t say enough good things about CPK crew and of course their great knives. You’ve come here at an exciting time. If you search around the CPK forum. You will find Nathan’s list of things coming, possibly coming and he’s thinking about.
Again welcome to CPK’s great forum :)

If the need arose then I would use my UF. Until then I can just admire her beauty occasionally.
Cheers! Beautiful piece.
Hi Ghost ,

Welcome to the CPK forum. You’ll find really awesome group of people here. Can’t say enough good things about CPK crew and of course their great knives. You’ve come here at an exciting time. If you search around the CPK forum. You will find Nathan’s list of things coming, possibly coming and he’s thinking about.
Again welcome to CPK’s great forum :)
Yeah! I've been lurking and learning a bunch. Loads of nice people around here.

Cheers!

Thanks! It sure looks like it.

Additionally, I should say that I love cooking. And I believe that most of us use our kitchen knives more than the ones we carry, and that everyone should invest on a good chef knife, it makes the difference between a chore and having a good time
Welcome. It is very nice that you did an introduction like that. And mentioning the fact that you love to cook, also is something I can relate to. As people here may know, we love to cook, especially things related to meat, bacon, Fish, bacon, game, whole hog smoking, and cheesy bacon potatoes. My preferred way of cooking, which I'm doing right now, is over a wood fire on the camp grill out in the patio, or down at the campsite. If you're ever over this part of the country come on by and we'll throw some steaks on

Last edited:
Welcome. It is very nice that you did an introduction like that. And mentioning the fact that you love to cook, also is something I can relate to. Has people here may know, we love to cook, especially things related to meat, bacon, Fish, bacon, game, whole hog smoking, and cheesy bacon potatoes. Buy preferred way of cooking which I'm doing right now is over a wood fire on the camp grill out in the patio, or down at the campsite. If you're ever over this part of the country come on by and we'll throw some steaks on
Thanks for the invite and the warm welcome! Feel free to post some pics of your setup and dishes!

Welcome, Ghost. As so many others have already said, I think you will find this particular corner of the forum to be an enjoyable one.

I've read your posts in this thread and much of what you say resonates with me. Using something you love rather than hiding it away in a safe place somewhere, the joy of cooking and using a nice kitchen knife (or knives), the love of the great outdoors, a desire to share what we love in life with our children and families…yes, we have a few things in common you and me.

I know you are after a Field Knife 2 and maybe would consider the original Field Knife if you had the chance. Nathan gave me the opportunity to do a destruction test on the original FK about 4 years ago and I made a video of it. I'm not sure if you have seen it or if you have an interest, but on the chance that you would like to see it and have not as of yet, I will post a link down below. The video is almost 2h20m long. I know that might seem like a long time, but the FK is one tough mother and breaking it was quite difficult. I hope you'll settle in, watch the entire video, and get ready to be surprised at what I do to put it through the paces. It's good stuff! Again, welcome!

Last edited:
Welcome, Ghost. As so many others have already said, I think you will find this particular corner of the forum to be an enjoyable one.

I've read your posts in this thread and much of what you say resonates with me. Using something you love rather than hiding it away in a safe place somewhere, the joy of cooking and using a nice kitchen knife (or knives), the love of the great outdoors, a desire to share what we love in life with our children and families…yes, we have a few things in common you and me.

I know you are after a Field Knife 2 and maybe would consider the original Field Knife if you had the chance. Nathan gave me the opportunity to do a destruction test on the original FK about 4 years ago and I made a video of it. I'm not sure if you have seen it or if you have an interest, but on the chance that you would like to see it and have not as of yet, I will post a link down below. The video is almost 2h20m long. I know that might seem like a long time, but the FK is one tough mother and breaking it was quite difficult. I hope you'll settle in, watch the entire video, and get ready to be surprised at what I do to put it through the paces. It's good stuff! Again, welcome!

It's a pleasure being able to share, our thoughts at least, with people that can understand or empathize, you can't find that easily.

I haven't seen that video, I'll be sure to watch it. I didn't mention it, but I respect the persons that take the matters in their hands and try to make sense out of them. A destruction test is something that most of the people identify as weird, but to be is a chance to watch what is the tool capable of, and considering most of us aren't going to take the tool until that point. It gives us a very valuable insight.

I'll be sure to check the differences (specs wise) between fk1 and fk2, and keep an open mind.

Would love to share a drink with all of you guys

Cheers!

Thanks for the video! Looks like a tough knife! Did you see that bug take off running? He said, man this dude is trying to kill me - I'm getting outta here! LOL! I know that I can depend on my CPK blades.

First of all welcome ghost coyote, enjoy your stay in CPK bromance.
Enjoy your dek1, it wont dissapoint you ever.
Youve seen on the edges destruction video, so now you know what is D3V cappable of.

Ive seen this video several years ago, didnt knew it was yours. Rewatched it now and I can say that title says field knife destruction, but while tryong to destroy it, I see youve struggled a lot lol. And for regular and everday and even extreme scenario this knives are pretty much undying lol.
If your goal isnt destructing this knife, it will last forever in every type of knife use.

When first time watched this video didnt knew much about CPK knives and was searching all the infos. Now after knowing a lot about CPKs, I can say that I almost cried while watching OGFK with damn D3V steel and satin hand finish blade being destroyed.. :(

Oh and almost forgot, if it was THAT hard to destroy stock FK (well really with some tweaks like 20 dps etc), I think that HDMC would pass that test without breaking lol.
Sometimes I wanna do such stuff with blades but damn it Im not that reach to afford such pleasure lol, or I would put HDMC which is coming to my way through hell of destructive tests and would try to destroy it.. but if I will success I will be left without my chopper lol (but honestly speaking I think it will be pretty much almkdt impossible to break HDMC).

Congrats on the DEK1
I don’t know if you are aware of CPK’s upcoming basic line of performance knives or not. They are going to be sold on Amazon. It looks like the first basic production model will be the Utility Feild knife. They are D3V and very similar to the FK2 as far as I can tell. They will supposedly be a little less “finished” than the signature line sold here on BladeForums - that probably means little coming out of the CPK shop. I don’t know if they will be skeletonized or not.
Here is a link to a preview pic Nathan posted in another thread
Post in thread 'The "Ask Nathan a question" thread'
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ask-nathan-a-question-thread.1425245/post-20497559

Apparently, I was able to procure dek1 today, hopefully I can get a fk2 later on if available.

I'm thinking unbuffed natural or OD micarta, assuming it shows wear. Anyone around here has some worn knives to show the mileage on the handles?

Have a nice weekend

Here’s green canvas micarta. Been in and out of a lot of leather lol. Plus I love this knife, gets carried a lot !!! :)

A876E485-E235-44D3-9651-BEB39CDC501B.jpeg093F37DE-E2E3-4803-8143-D1F83FACD000.jpeg65813CD1-8B51-4303-8C7D-EA1793CBC86E.jpegEF6504C2-22EF-4F84-828B-D2EBCFD5C72D.jpegB0F8AF3E-3D4D-4436-9CBF-2F3EABA64CAD.jpeg

Congrats on the DEK1
I don’t know if you are aware of CPK’s upcoming basic line of performance knives or not. They are going to be sold on Amazon. It looks like the first basic production model will be the Utility Feild knife. They are D3V and very similar to the FK2 as far as I can tell. They will supposedly be a little less “finished” than the signature line sold here on BladeForums - that probably means little coming out of the CPK shop. I don’t know if they will be skeletonized or not.
Here is a link to a preview pic Nathan posted in another thread
Post in thread 'The "Ask Nathan a question" thread'
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ask-nathan-a-question-thread.1425245/post-20497559
Dont get me wrong, but ive been recently searching some stuff and wanted to post a question for nathatn regarding that this.

So as far as I remember basic line fiekd knives will be in CPM MagnaCut not D3V.
I think nathan decided this steel because for basic steel which doesnt need many tweaks it has pretty much everything. To say it shortly MagnaCut is new stainless 4V steel lol.
Oh and in link for pic, blade has engraved MC, it stand for MagnaCut i guess.

Much respect Mr.O you are doing amazing job for community as I see.

Back