Is the Sebenza that great?

Marketing hype is a bs term people throw around when they cant appreciate the details that are not tangible. If they cant see it, hold it or notice it then it must not be there. CRK actually does much less "marketing" than the majority of all knife companies. Many custom makers self promote much more than CRK ever has. Now the general term "hype" without the marketing part could still be considered. But I usually define hype as positive reinforcement of which their is no basis or credible supporting evidence to a products performance. This would apply to flavor of the week knife makers who are popular today and forgotten tomorrow. Their products havent stood the test of time and many praise them without even owning one. The real unicorns of the knife world. To me the sebenza is the anti hype knife. If the product was all hype it would not have remained as popular as is has without falling to the wayside. Products that are hyped fade quickly. I often dont understand why when certain people dont care for a product for whatever reason then they have to create these negative connotations about the product to justify their opinion as if they have to convince themselves that they are right. Isnt it just good enough to not like something? Why do people have to cry "hype" just because a popular product doesnt appeal to them? Seems like the whole chevy vs ford argument. Its not good enough that you like one truck over the other. The one you dont drive must just suck because you didnt choose it.

Well there you go - well said. I also chuckle at the guy who has a cousin who saw a Sebenza in a knife mag and it was boring.

Well there you go - well said. I also chuckle at the guy who has a cousin who saw a Sebenza in a knife mag and it was boring.
I'm no brainiac but I also chuckle when the person asking about it or complaining about it can't spell it correctly. :)

Back