is there any chance that busse kin go CMP3V?

From what I have seen so does GSO

They have their stuff done at Peters. Mr. Stallsmith at Peters is great with sooo many steels its unreal. I think in a conversation about the best HTers out there Brad and Jerry would for sure have to be in the topic.

They have their stuff done at Peters. Mr. Stallsmith at Peters is great with sooo many steels its unreal. I think in a conversation about the best HTers out there Brad and Jerry would for sure have to be in the topic.

Good info on who does HT for GSO

I wasn't saying that miller 3v was better....jeeze....all I was stating was it seems they did something right with it. I've tried INFI on much thinner steel and my pics in another thread show the damage. Yes it's fixable damage, but I would love a TGLB in 3v to try the same dest. test and compare. Anyone else see the Monkey Edge vids of the Strider DB in 3v .190 stock? I love INFI....and I have a quality embedded in my lifestyle that has me always striving for better. I am willing to bet mucho casho that Jerry B. himself has a similar attitude. If he didn't, INFI would never be alive today. Just my HAO....bash away guys.

live test videos was gone ,i hope Busse combat will upload some new test videos to testify what jerry has said on 3v .

I know this is late and I dont own busses and I do things my own way and I know people love infi better then their first born. I bought some new steel called Z-tuff whoch I think will fall on the tough side of 3V as it is made like a more hardenable 1V. Just throwing that out there.
I have been beating on a 3V beast treated by Brad to Dan K spec and only recently after extreme chopping, testing and general use got some denting with very strong blows to a rock area with about 0.030 behing the edge. With the damage going only about 0.010-0.015.

Last edited:
IT would be interesting to see if 3V can do this and survive as easily as SR101 did:

[video=youtube;B4NEkK-ehdo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4NEkK-ehdo[/video]

IT would be interesting to see if 3V can do this and survive as easily as SR101 did:

[video=youtube;B4NEkK-ehdo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4NEkK-ehdo[/video]

That is amazing. I have custom 3v knife and it chip on hard wood. This knife above not chip like that. I am impressed. I think this tougher than 3V

IIRC, it was another big name HT outfit at first, and then SK switched to Peters

You're probably right. I should know better than to make just general statements. I know they were using Peters near the time of their move to Idaho. Since the move I don't know, and I"m also unsure what they did near the beginning.

You're probably right. I should know better than to make just general statements. I know they were using Peters near the time of their move to Idaho. Since the move I don't know, and I"m also unsure what they did near the beginning.

I am pretty sure they are jetted at NSM and then shipped to peters. Thru....the mail.

That is amazing. I have custom 3v knife and it chip on hard wood. This knife above not chip like that. I am impressed. I think this tougher than 3V

I had 2 x Fehrman EJ's and 2 x ZT 0100, both in 3v. I found the edges to be brittle and a very difficult to sharpen.

I had 2 x Fehrman EJ's and 2 x ZT 0100, both in 3v. I found the edges to be brittle and a very difficult to sharpen.

I had two custom 3V blades and I used one hard and the edge chipped as well. I have a GSO10 which I plan to use. It is more modern 3V and I have heard the GSO's are pretty good. I could compare it to my 911 but I need to reprofile the 911 to have the same or similar edge. That is a lot of work.

I just want to know the toughness of 3v , cause toughness of 3v was over exaggerated in the community of knifeuts in China.
may be in future , i will buy a 3v knife BRK made and test it by myself .:D

I have been wondering that S101 & 3v which one is tougher , i have rats and dogs , but never have knife made of 3v .
I really want to see some hard and even destructive way of tests , i am not a snoopy guy who is going in here to ruin BUSSE fame and ruputation .

i am not a troller , i am sorry for asking too may Q from you guys and contribute nothing .

Last edited:
dingy, where did that come from. I think what you ask is very valid. I would love to see Busse try 3V today to see if they think it stacks up with SR101. Maybe they will.

3V is all hype. Expensive blades that doesn't justify the price to performance. I use to be like that until I spent some time on Cliff Stamps forums..... opened my eyes a little to be honest.

Back