Is this machete worth it?

Does not seem so popular these days.

Sure it is. Just not in the USA. Both Imacasa and Incolma/Gavilan produce one, along with a slew of other machete manufacturers. Just do a Google Image search for "machete barrigon" and you'll get tons of results. It's not hard to find. They're just not seen here that often. :p

Sure it is. Just not in the USA. Both Imacasa and Incolma/Gavilan produce one, along with a slew of other machete manufacturers. Just do a Google Image search for "machete barrigon" and you'll get tons of results. It's not hard to find. They're just not seen here that often. :p

yeah but do they make a 14 incher? I know 18 available most likely.

Good machetes don't need "sold". They sell themselves. Check out wealljuggleknives on Youtube. He is a value machete connoisseur.

Last edited:
Buy one get ten free, right? No? You get a single 1095 “Urban Survival” machete for $520. Man, there is a lot of knives I’d like to buy for $500, but that sure as hell ain’t one of ‘em. I think I’ll stick with my Big Chris 3V machete.
I would be happier with a a dozen Kershaw Camp 18’s for the same price as this ShamWow-hyped knife. Likely the same quality at 1/10th the price.

Plus sharpening a machete is a total pain in the ass after a day of cutting cinderblock and car hoods, so it is nice having backups.:thumbsup:

The only “As Seen on TV” knife I own is a small chisel grind Japanese kitchen Knife. Likely didn’t sell well as I paid $3 for it at the dollar store. :rolleyes:

Wow! Only $395 for a real car hood chopper sold by an actual ninja? What a bargain!

For $395 you could get a nice custom machete made to your specifications.

I bet he's getting those made for $30 tops.

I would be happier with a a dozen Kershaw Camp 18’s for the same price as this ShamWow-hyped knife. Likely the same quality at 1/10th the price.

Plus sharpening a machete is a total pain in the ass after a day of cutting cinderblock and car hoods, so it is nice having backups.:thumbsup:

The only “As Seen on TV” knife I own is a small chisel grind Japanese kitchen Knife. Likely didn’t sell well as I paid $3 for it at the dollar store. :rolleyes:

Wait, the advertisement said that the edge was perfect after all that. no damage. Are you saying they had to sharpen it? say it isn't so

yeah but do they make a 14 incher? I know 18 available most likely.

This is just from Imacasa, let alone other manufacturers:

14224m.jpg

14189m.jpg

14205m.jpg

Wait, the advertisement said that the edge was perfect after all that. no damage. Are you saying they had to sharpen it? say it isn't so
True. A knife that can cut cinderblocks and car hoods without a sharpening? Sounds too good to be true? Doubt that as this is on the internet endorsed by a soldier dude. Ima buy 2. ;)

And you say that because there is no such thing as a $65 bill?:p
lol....no. Just, no. Well, maybe.....nah:D

$70 for a machete of questionable quality? Unless it comes with a $50 bill taped to it, then no. Not worth it.

I wonder if this guy is the younger brother of J. Lighting of Razr Knife fame?:D

it honestly reads like a parody or troll site imho... It's just so tabloid-y sounding. It's hard to believe it's even legitimate. I'm sure if I send the guy 4 bills I'd get a 1095 machete... but who in their right mind does such things?

I am all over this bargain of the century....just as soon as I get my "No Regerts" tattoo removed.

Just kidding. I have no need as this bad boy can do at least 90% of the job, at just 10% of the size. You know what they say, it's not the.....;)

2j1ar86.jpg

Back