Is this the genuine article?

jbib

Gold Member
Basic Member
I just purchased a 4.4" " Busse" folding combat knife. I bracketed Busse as upon follow up I don't see any on my search. Did I purchase a knock off? Or have they backed off to just fixed blades?

I just purchased a 4.4" " Busse" folding combat knife. I bracketed Busse as upon follow up I don't see any on my search. Did I purchase a knock off? Or have they backed off to just fixed blades?

I dont know why everyone's treating you like a newb, youve been here since 2012

UpvwdFK.png

Rat trap and the Cubera are the only two Busse folders I am aware of. The first is more common and the later is an absolute epic score if you found one!

Logo looks right - got SAR/HG spine ~ can't believe someone would do that but ????????

Wow I have a crazy Idea now about taking one of my DC Park Rangers and seeing if it would fit between a Hinderer XM-24 frame and scale after grinding off the handle then milling holes for the bolts to fit. No I'm not going to do this though.

Wow I have a crazy Idea now about taking one of my DC Park Rangers and seeing if it would fit between a Hinderer XM-24 frame and scale after grinding off the handle then milling holes for the bolts to fit. No I'm not going to do this though.
If you had a Mentor? :)
Maybe?

Yea that's comical at best HAHA! Great box and piece of bullsht literature- but it's so bad it's just hilarious! btw, is that Jerry wearing Ho-chi-men sandals just under the "metric" ruler???? I don't think so~ everyone knows hogs only have 2 toes :D soup sandwich man- great comic piece ;)

I probably stopped after a similar event asking advice but had the pleasure of listening to someone like you.

No problem. When someone asks, it is usually because they don't know and need help, regardless of how long they have been on here. Heck, I ask questions all the time and I have been here for a few years.

I personally don't like folders and never understood the desire for a Busse folding knife but to each their own.
Don't want to share the link and I know none of you would fall for these but have you guys seen this shit. They have a bunch of this knockoff crap.

View attachment 1137477

I'd buy that just to take it to blade and show it off to Jerry:p

There’ve been several fixed blade Busses converted to folders shown here over the years. Judging by the logo, ricasso and talon hole, I would guess this is probably one of them, or a similar conversion. Who knows though?

Last edited:
Back