• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad It appears I was Scammed by Symphonyincminor

After paying promptly for a sweet looking pry tool bottle opener thing they had for sale in a legit looking thread, they broke off all communication. Ignored PMs and emails to this point 6 days later despite logging in to close at least one other for sale thread. Low and behold they pulled the same on the buyer of the other tool in the same thread I bit on. They also pulled the pay/ghost scam on someone earlier in the month it appears "selling" a folding knife. Beware!

Yep, its wierd, no doubt. Also paging @Sharp Minded and L Laslabjohn . A week with no contact after payment, despite having logged in to reply to other sales threads, point straight at fraud to me, and not medical issues etc... Desperate times out there man, people do sketchy things i guess.

Claims process initiated through Paypal. The worst part is how stoked I was for the actual little ti bottle opener thing !

Even stranger - the same person obviously had the fixed blade Busse, the 2 pry tools, the Manix 2 that they never delivered. Or at least the pictures used in the scams all came from the same cache... They have the same loose weave blue cloth background and lighting. Man I'm going to really feel bad if this person just has dementia and doesn't have a grip on what they did / haven't done...The prose was well written in all the communication to the point of payment...

Shame to hear.

i understand the disappointment of looking forward to something. I had a sale on a knife recently fall through (seller changed mind) in a different group and it hurts.

My mind just doesn't like unsolved puzzles...there's so much that points to scam in what happened...but so much that was also perfectly legit in appearance...something doesnt add up squarely. It's either meth is somehow involved or Danny Ocean is grifting knife nuts for gas money lol

Hello forums, I had the same experience with symphoncinminor. Thursday feb. 11th bought a manix2 from said seller. Great communication. Until i paid. Was suppose to ship the next day on his lunch. Absolutely nothing since. Several emails and messages later and still no response.
It was going to be my first manix. But Guess it wasnt supppse to be.
Started claim process with paypal. Absolutely rediculous.

Weird, the guy was around years ago. I never cared for him but he never struck me as a crook. I guess things change or perhaps accounts get hacked?

Weird, the guy was around years ago. I never cared for him but he never struck me as a crook. I guess things change or perhaps accounts get hacked?
Maybe a hack. But to gain so little cash? Maybe the guy's sticky fingered nephew? Whhoooo knnoooowwwwss

Maybe! I just wonder why he decided on g/s. Knowing paypal will rite the ship.
I was going to buy a st. Nick pm2 yesterday from a member. But he preferred f/f. I offered to pay for g/s but he didnt want to. In the past I would have never had a problem with f/f. But I do now.
I know Im new to the forums but I have done alot of business in the past on chainsaws and never had this happen.. just crazy!!

@symphonyincminor

Screen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-6.53.04-AM-300x218.png

Last edited:
Haha! I think L Laslabjohn said he figured out the guy was in FL or posting out of florida? Nothing against Floridians at all, but I watched lots of Live PD when it was on...there were alot of "earlier, a Florida man..." statements made. Might be all the splainin' necessary

Don't know this persons situation, but I have seen it before where good members fall on bad times, they just do what they have to and to hell with reputation.
Somehow in their minds it is justified to rip off others.

Last edited:
Haha! I think L Laslabjohn said he figured out the guy was in FL or posting out of florida? Nothing against Floridians at all, but I watched lots of Live PD when it was on...there were alot of "earlier, a Florida man..." statements made. Might be all the splainin' necessary
I'm a florida man. guess that makes me a bad fella and ripoff artist too cause of the dirt I grew up on and live on. so be it.

sorry to op and others who got ripped off. hope y'all get made whole.

I'm a florida man. guess that makes me a bad fella and ripoff artist too cause of the dirt I grew up on and live on. so be it.

sorry to op and others who got ripped off. hope y'all get made whole.
jbmonkey jbmonkey , no offense meant to Floridians, it was sarcasm brother! ;) appreciate the sentiment. I raced at Sebring in 2019, had a great time. Florida is great, but some crazy stuff happens there on another level.

Heck, I live in TX, was born in louisiana, but neither of those two states get headlines as cool as this! We're jealous frankly... : https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...eport/77-5625e6af-9d30-475d-a676-8988f99b509c

Last edited:
Back