It followed me home (Part 2)

VERY cool score,Mr Lyttle,(it stirs even someone like me,normally cold to any sort of aquisitiveness:)....
Neat sat of wolf-jaws,very well made,many wonderful old tools,most useful And beautiful.
The triangular trivet may very well be a Colonial-era artefact...(unless a bootleg by one of us,the admirers/imitators of the style,but appears not likely to be that).
That big Jersey looks to have a major de-lam of the steel insert...Would be very interesting to see the details,if indeed so.(welding flaws in old work can be extremely informative....).
Congrats,good stuff!:)

That makers stamp is incredibly interesting. How old is that manufacture?
1880 - 1960

"Ewald Möbus Söhne, Werkzeuge, Hastener Str. 106 1880 – um 1960"

Google Translate: "The company still celebrated its 80th anniversary in October 1960 (GA
29.10.60), but then had to adjust their operation shortly afterwards.
The company was listed last time in the address book in 1962, however
only in 2008 in the commercial register deleted.
In the mid-1970s, the packaging company Karl-Heinz Nölle moved
until about 1995 in the former Werkhallen. Since then works there
the machine locksmith Wirths & Werries, which used to be some decades ago
at the main st. 140a as a tool factory."
http://stadtgeschichte-wuppertal.de/hheyken_bilder/CronenbergText2.pdf

Here is an ad from ebay said to be from 1909:

I really like that ruler... Stanley?
Thanks, here is the mark :

I believe Stanley Rule and Level Co. was on rulers from 1857. The notched logo with STANLEY and the heart with S.W. came in 1920 when they merged with Stanley Works. The heart was dropped in the 1930s.

Bob

Roger that.

ybcRlTr.jpg

xFXTzHU.jpg

VERY cool score,Mr Lyttle,(it stirs even someone like me,normally cold to any sort of aquisitiveness:)....
Neat sat of wolf-jaws,very well made,many wonderful old tools,most useful And beautiful.
The triangular trivet may very well be a Colonial-era artefact...(unless a bootleg by one of us,the admirers/imitators of the style,but appears not likely to be that).
That big Jersey looks to have a major de-lam of the steel insert...Would be very interesting to see the details,if indeed so.(welding flaws in old work can be extremely informative....).
Congrats,good stuff!:)

Not de-laminated, but an excellent Kelly with raised bit.

What a day! All this was from an estate sale this morning. The whole lot was $100! The company running the sale saw this stuff as low value junk and was happy to move it.

IMG_20170929_140229 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20170929_140310 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20170929_140318 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20170929_140329 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20170929_140336 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
The leather is a great score, the little ball peen is a great score, and so is the French pattern chefs knife.
Looks like it could be a sabitier, but many companies made similar ones.

Holy cow! What a cool load of stuff. All those blacksmith tongs!!!!!

Any idea what the steam punk looking thing at the top is?

The tool that looks like a handle bar moustache is a twisting wrench. It was home made (well) for twisting bars of hot steel.

Holy cow! What a cool load of stuff. All those blacksmith tongs!!!!!

Any idea what the steam punk looking thing at the top is?

The tool that looks like a handle bar moustache is a twisting wrench. It was home made (well) for twisting bars of hot steel.

I have no real idea but it was $1 lol. My first guess is bullet mold but I'm going to take it apart and clean it when I have time. I really can't say for sure.

IMG_20170930_142546 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20170930_142558 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20170930_142606 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20170930_142637 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr
IMG_20170930_142652 by Justin Lyttle, on Flickr

Back