It followed me home (Part 2)

should we just make a seperate thread for tools seeing as how most, if not all of us end up talking about things that arent axes at one point or another.

good little haul by the way osage

I thought it looked like it had been worn down quite a bit when I picked it up. That made me want to take it home even more.

I picked these up at a small flea market on the way to a cross country meet today. The skillets were $3 each. I paid $8 for the 2 hatchets.

CUnB8VYh.jpg

eCDQSf2h.jpg

lxkocEAh.jpg

And my brother in law just dropped these off to me

O6DfaWph.jpg

I like the hatchet! Especially the hewing looking carpenter head.
The more worn, rusty and abandoned the more I want them too.

I just noticed your post mentioning the ribbed bottom being an indicator that there may be a makers stamp.

I have been meaning to look more into this stamp on this mattock, that I have had trouble recognizing.

T1zHg3g.jpg

QefXF4i.jpg

Maybe this maker is someone you are familiar with?

I just noticed your post mentioning the ribbed bottom being an indicator that there may be a makers stamp.

I have been meaning to look more into this stamp on this mattock, that I have had trouble recognizing.

T1zHg3g.jpg

QefXF4i.jpg

Maybe this maker is someone you are familiar with?
Looks like it reads warwood, and this looks like an old logo of theirs.

Warwood...thanks Hn'S.

It would not surprise me if this is a solid maker of solid tools.
I picked this Mattock up at the same neighbors home that I found my Kelly Registered, '56 Sears/Craftsman whetstone and the Rogers Very Best axe.

Warwood...thanks Hn'S.

It would not surprise me if this is a solid maker of solid tools.
I picked this Mattock up at the same neighbors home that I found my Kelly Registered, '56 Sears/Craftsman whetstone and the Rogers Very Best axe.
I'm sure someone will chime in with a good catalog photo that will confirm this for good, but I'm pretty sure it's warwood.
Btw warwood is still in business making tools in the US, they were known for their sledge hammer which they still make ( current stuff is ground a bit rough on the sides but I've heard they're still a decent tool ) as well as mattocks , picks, and various kinds of pry bars.

Last edited:
Warwod is still in business. Our local trails group uses their grubhoes and a few other tools. Still made in USA but the quality is down a little.

Back