It followed me home (Part 2)

That might be a Kentucky. A good find at a great price!

BookReaderImages.php

https://archive.org/stream/TrueTemperToolsCatalog1R1938/True Temper Tools Catalog 1-R 1938#page/n144/mode/1up

Based on page 135 and without knowledge if True Temper made a Philly Jersey I say it's a Baltimore Kentucky

Are them portholes in good shape?What's up with the swell on the Kaiser blade ,I can't see it some of them have the best ones.

Anybody know what the two wood handle thingies are in the lower left of Jblyttles haul. Picked one up recently and could never figure it out.

Anybody know what the two wood handle thingies are in the lower left of Jblyttles haul. Picked one up recently and could never figure it out.
I believe that they are a type of cobbler's tool, they come in different numbered sizes but I am unsure what the exact use is.

I believe that they are a type of cobbler's tool, they come in different numbered sizes but I am unsure what the exact use is.

Are the cobbler tools adjustable to a certain degree? They could be leather channelers for stitching. I don’t know anything special about cobbling but I saw descriptions of similar tools used to cut channels into the leather so a stitch could be set then the leather is folded over it to hide the stitching.

The sharp piece might pierce/cut the leather but not all the way through. If the screws adjust some then maybe the cutting depth can be changed given the thickness of the leather (so as not to cut all the way through?).

Are the cobbler tools adjustable to a certain degree? They could be leather channelers for stitching. I don’t know anything special about cobbling but I saw descriptions of similar tools used to cut channels into the leather so a stitch could be set then the leather is folded over it to hide the stitching.

The sharp piece might pierce/cut the leather but not all the way through. If the screws adjust some then maybe the cutting depth can be changed given the thickness of the leather (so as not to cut all the way through?).

They almost look like they could some form of stitch groover.

got a snow and nealey our very best hudson bay. handle needs thinning and it needs a good filing but i'll post it soon.

merry christmas

Are you reporting that you received a Snow & Newly (NEALEY) Hudson Bay for a gift this morning?

Right on Phantom! Great gift and great that someone knows what to get...or listened;):):thumbsup:

yC5lv0b.jpg
ra4wC1e.jpg
BHDneOP.jpg
m6Pm4iP.jpg

here ya go. snow and nealey our very best 1 3/4 pound hudson bay with an 18"

did a little reshaping to the handle, not much. it has 32 rings in the handle. if thats not tight grain, i dont know what is.

sharpened to 1200 grit. didnt have any 2000 for that nice mirror edge. i think it has the thinnest bit i'v ever seen

yC5lv0b.jpg
ra4wC1e.jpg
BHDneOP.jpg
m6Pm4iP.jpg

here ya go. snow and nealey our very best 1 3/4 pound hudson bay with an 18"

did a little reshaping to the handle, not much. it has 32 rings in the handle. if thats not tight grain, i dont know what is.

sharpened to 1200 grit. didnt have any 2000 for that nice mirror edge. i think it has the thinnest bit i'v ever seen

Oh wow man!
Great axe!
Great gift!!

Back