It followed me home (Part 2)

Like them old bench top table saws,does the blade angle?Like that old soldering iron above too.

Considering it's a belt drive my money says the top tilts. I picked up an old OLD Craftsman one like that off the side of the road last year and that's how it works. I just found an 8" blade at the local hardware store so I may have to get back onto that (the 10" I got for it doesn't even fit in it).

Like them old bench top table saws,does the blade angle?Like that old soldering iron above too.
yeah, the slider thing on the table (sorry i dont know much about these) goes to 60, as does the table but the indicator only goes to 45 on the table. i need to get an angle finder and put a new pointer on a few dials but otherwise it's in perfect condition

Here's a few things. I'll post more cool pics and ads from the "Hardware Age" books as i find them. Lots of pics as usual. Hope that doesn't annoy anyone.
4JpXVEu.jpg

Beautiful red oak plane. Irons are in real nice shape!
vBi9TL4.jpg

Anyone recognize the anchor on this axe? It had a slightly larger one on the other side .
98p5FO4.jpg
x2mqZlf.jpg
VRFyuHB.jpg

H&B mfg co. ?? I just got it so haven't researched it yet. You guys know what it is? I know what HSB&co is!
JBQHD5g.jpg

A nice older Ames socket shovel.
zXNYozu.jpg
i forgot to put this plumb on the table with the others.
jlkndKf.jpg

I think these two books are the coolest!
0BzN38Z.jpg
q8usZlU.jpg
wvH7dfK.jpg
7OTWWbj.jpg

I'll post up pics as i find cool stuff in those bound volumes of the hardware age. I was hoping to find more axe related stuff than i have but I've only just started looking! Sorry for the super long post! Edit; i forgot my new Goodell cleaver! This thing is hefty!
VSZwVQu.jpg
40UW2Sv.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a few things. I'll post more cool pics and ads from the "Hardware Age" books as i find them. Lots of pics as usual. Hope that doesn't annoy anyone.
4JpXVEu.jpg

Beautiful red oak plane. Irons are in real nice shape!
vBi9TL4.jpg

Anyone recognize the anchor on this axe? It had a slightly larger one on the other side .
98p5FO4.jpg
x2mqZlf.jpg
VRFyuHB.jpg

H&B mfg co. ?? I just got it so haven't researched it yet. You guys know what it is? I know what HSB&co is!
JBQHD5g.jpg

A nice older Ames socket shovel.
zXNYozu.jpg
i forgot to put this plumb on the table with the others.
jlkndKf.jpg

I think these two books are the coolest!
0BzN38Z.jpg
q8usZlU.jpg
wvH7dfK.jpg
7OTWWbj.jpg

I'll post up pics as i find cool stuff in those bound volumes of the hardware age. I was hoping to find more axe related stuff than i have but I've only just started looking! Sorry for the super long post! Edit; i forgot my new Goodell cleaver! This thing is hefty!
VSZwVQu.jpg
40UW2Sv.jpg
That's no anchor, it's a woodings verona

T
My first haul in a while, and well worth the wait I feel.

20180914_203531.jpg

20180914_203556.jpg

My favorites of the pick...

NYC_Atlas_Plane.jpg

Atlas_plane.jpg

20180914_203751.jpg

20180914_200650.jpg

20180914_203645.jpg

20180914_203948.jpg

My favorite of the lot...This Fuji Club, 12speed, tight cluster cog, late '80's/early 90's...pinnacle of Japanese Lug weld, super light production frames. IMO:cool:
Just my size too!

20180914_201132.jpg

Of course I think it's all great and love it all!
To many favorites as I look back...the craftsman ratchet is awesome! The single bevel, phantom bevel hewing...very excellent condition.

I am excited:cool::thumbsup:
If I'm not mistaken that Craftsman is an RHFT ( round head fine tooth ) and those are getting harder to come buy in the wild.

My modest flea market haul from today! Rixford #4 Dayton has a little chip in the toe but it will file out. There is plenty of bit left! Then an immaculate stanley pre war number 5! Then a nice EC Atkins raker Gauge and saw jointer. And finally a Lakeside draw knife. Needs new handles. Hopefully I can brush up on my lathe skills and turn a few. We shall see! Happy hunting!!

My folks were on their way back from the Broken Island Group and stopped by the Foggy Mountain Forge in Shirley, BC. My Dad picked up this axe thinking of me and a wicked-looking large snake barn door handle for my brother (he has a barn). The Forge is a guy and his son.

My Dad asked him some questions about forge set-up on my behalf, blacksmith was pleased, they got a tour, and he formed out a feather from steel stock for them for free – he was stoked someone was interested and wanted to see it happen and not just visit the shop or buy online. He started up the hammer for them to demo. My mother filmed most of it but that requires a bit of telephone tech support on my part - should have done while I was there this weekend.

They said he genuinely seemed like a neat guy and loved that he could make a living making interesting things, he made a point to show them lumping red hot coals with bare hands, narrated each step, etc. They enjoyed it enough to buy his work.

BC
by Agent Hierarchy

BC
by Agent Hierarchy

BC
by Agent Hierarchy

BC
by Agent Hierarchy

BC
by Agent Hierarchy

Pulling up:

BC
by Agent Hierarchy

I think I have my first Walters single bit ;)

BC
by Agent Hierarchy

It's a gift so please don't feel sorry for the axe head and I'm not going to use it. It is going on the wall in my shop mounted under the bench lights.

Poor quality pics, I know. I'll get more tomorrow. Other things that are not shown are a sheet metal hammer, union no 5 hand plane, Stanley no 60 1/2 block plane, 8lb Weco wedge, perfect handle drawknife, Woodings Verona splitting maul, rubber mallet, The electric materials co soldering iron, aluminum level, probably more I forgot, and the crown jewel....a RUSTED Clear Cut hardware co axe head. The axe is a True Temper Kelly Perfect. I took a few family photos just 'cause.
IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

S.P.- From a user standpoint, I would choose the top right (just below the pin poll adze) Penn. pattern broad axe handle for size and shape. Many years of running broad axes with many different handle shapes, and that is my favorite for American pattern broad axes. As a matter of fact, that particular broad axe of J.B.'s looks like it could be put to hewing in short order from what I can see in the small photo.

If I'm not mistaken that Craftsman is an RHFT ( round head fine tooth ) and those are getting harder to come buy in the wild.

Are you referring to the 1/2" drive ratchet?
If so, I fully agree. Only other one in have seen in years is the one my dad has in his tool box.

20180924_125314.jpg

You may like this one from a month back I picked up...

20180924_125426.jpg

I like it.

Both work flawlessly too.

Are you referring to the 1/2" drive ratchet?
If so, I fully agree. Only other one in have seen in years is the one my dad has in his tool box.

20180924_125314.jpg

You may like this one from a month back I picked up...

20180924_125426.jpg

I like it.

Both work flawlessly too.

Yep the 1/2" would be an RHFT and the other looks like a Circle H.

Poor quality pics, I know. I'll get more tomorrow. Other things that are not shown are a sheet metal hammer, union no 5 hand plane, Stanley no 60 1/2 block plane, 8lb Weco wedge, perfect handle drawknife, Woodings Verona splitting maul, rubber mallet, The electric materials co soldering iron, aluminum level, probably more I forgot, and the crown jewel....a RUSTED Clear Cut hardware co axe head. The axe is a True Temper Kelly Perfect. I took a few family photos just 'cause.
IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

If you need to chamfer some edges or take down a door edge that 60 1/2 will be your best friend. I use mine daily. I would like to see that “perfect handle” drawknife!!

Yep the 1/2" would be an RHFT and the other looks like a Circle H.

The RHFT, I am familiar with and brings me back to my day working on our family cars in the driveway.

The Circle H...is just cool and has some weight to her. Maybe twice as much as the RHFT.

Thanks for opening my eyes to what I have, I appreciate it:thumbsup::)

Pics were promised and pics shall be given. Also, more things my brother brought home and gave to me followed me to my shop. The Homelite Super 77 is still my brothers though. And yes, that's a 4.5 foot bar on it. The perfect handle drawknife is missing a handle and in vinegar so not much of a pic.
IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg