It followed me home (Part 2)

I know the Miller falls adjusts easier for width of cut in comparison to the two post holes on the Stanley's. Not sure if the Miller falls will go to 60 deg though?

I hope one of any of us can find and tune these rigs soon for a comparison.
I am going to start reaching out and searching a little tomorrow...see how long it takes :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Had a nice surprise today. Cleaned off these two that were soaking with some others in vinegar and found two hardened polls! I wasn't expecting to find it on the Stohler, I don't know if they were all like that? The one on the right I sort of expected since there's no other reason to have a different piece of steel welded there. It has a real faint old Rixford stamp that I hadn't noticed at the flea market. Almost passed but I'm kind of a sucker lately for old heads made without the drop forge.

Gy6hWbm.jpg

Had a nice surprise today. Cleaned off these two that were soaking with some others in vinegar and found two hardened polls! I wasn't expecting to find it on the Stohler, I don't know if they were all like that? The one on the right I sort of expected since there's no other reason to have a different piece of steel welded there. It has a real faint old Rixford stamp that I hadn't noticed at the flea market. Almost passed but I'm kind of a sucker lately for old heads made without the drop forge.

Gy6hWbm.jpg
Awesome heads!

Gy6hWbm.jpg

Have you seen this thread?

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/r-d-18th-c-american-axe.1657540/

Gy6hWbm.jpg

Those are nice ones!

I unknowingly bartered for a few more items! I helped an old fella up the street clean out some space in his barn and basically anything I showed interest in he secretly put in a box and I found it in the bed of my truck after i got home! Geez what a nice thing to do! One good turn deserves another. But now I feel like I owe him! A "C Disston" (bone?) Saw
seXUUwp.jpg
9paoCyu.jpg
9YbFtva.jpg

A made in Sweden hatchet;
pC0GlYx.jpg

The Dayton is a TT wood slasher. The other is an odd national pattern? Halfway between that and a Michigan i guess. Not sure of the make.
iJch4SC.jpg

Have a good one!

I unknowingly bartered for a few more items! I helped an old fella up the street clean out some space in his barn and basically anything I showed interest in he secretly put in a box and I found it in the bed of my truck after i got home! Geez what a nice thing to do! One good turn deserves another. But now I feel like I owe him! A "C Disston" (bone?) Saw
seXUUwp.jpg
9paoCyu.jpg
9YbFtva.jpg

A made in Sweden hatchet;
pC0GlYx.jpg

The Dayton is a TT wood slasher. The other is an odd national pattern? Halfway between that and a Michigan i guess. Not sure of the make.
iJch4SC.jpg

Have a good one!

Great system you have going in the neighborhood! Soon, work of mouth advertising will have your phone ringing with people asking you what work they can get done with 2 axes a hatchet and panel saw...:D:D:DEXCELLENT:thumbsup:

The three bolts on that Disston are key to the strength and longevity of that saw.
Great score!

Had a nice surprise today. Cleaned off these two that were soaking with some others in vinegar and found two hardened polls! I wasn't expecting to find it on the Stohler, I don't know if they were all like that?
Vintage Axe,great axes,right on!
If at all possible,could we see photos of them from top(and even maybe bottom)?
Thanks in advance.

Hope he takes pictures of them old hard poll heads.This the second hewing hatchet in a row I shamed off the second tattooed tough looking dude.Give me thehelperhandle and three old wooden handle coal shovels and a digging shovel,had to make him take twenty bucks for them old axes.Milwaulkee road marked Evansville and Plumb victory hatchet on I believe the original handle which is proud and cross wedged.

Hope he takes pictures of them old hard poll heads.This the second hewing hatchet in a row I shamed off the second tattooed tough looking dude.Give me thehelperhandle and three old wooden handle coal shovels and a digging shovel,had to make him take twenty bucks for them old axes.Milwaulkee road marked Evansville and Plumb victory hatchet on I believe the original handle which is proud and cross wedged.
Nice haul. Them helper handles are hard to come by.:thumbsup:

Back