1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

It followed me home (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Steve Tall, Jun 12, 2014.

1. ithinkverydeeply

ithinkverydeeply Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2018
    The brush hook and little wedge are both the Seattle Hardware’s Occident brand and it has a really cool octagonal handle!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know about this pattern axe head?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Miller '72

Miller '72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Top shelf thru 'n thru @ithinkverydeeply

Its a history lesson and research almost everytime and I greatly appreciate your scores for that, as well as your eye for what to bring home in your collection and to use your skills and craftmanship on when needed.

Thanks for sharing.
    What size are the boots?
    I wear a 10 1/2 wide :cool:

3. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    It was no “Occident” you stumbled on those!

Trailsawyer, garry3, Fmont and 3 others like this.
  4. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    here is an interesting axe head. It’s an American Ax from the Glassport PA facility, and a 3.3 weight stamp. It’s also got a Robert Mann stamp with a “13” and the Superior Cast Steel brand.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This representation would have been his Superior Cast Steel label prior to the merger.
    [​IMG]

5. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    It’s funny you should say that because there are these two pages of The Loggers that I can just about duplicate and it is not an accident. Only a couple more things to compile that I already have in the works....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Brian Rust

Brian Rust

Nov 14, 2017
    [​IMG]image hosting free

The flea market was a good trip this past week. I finally found a decently priced number 8! I was excited to get it cleaned up so this is an after picture. But I found a large rat tail file and some plane irons with brass nuts along with a nice little drill press vise. No axes prices were way to high.

7. junkenstien

junkenstien

Feb 15, 2017
    Give 5 bucks apiece for the Woodslashers from a guy off Craigslist and pink tags are half off on mondays at an old thrift store I hadn’t been to in a while.My grandparents had those books when I was a kid and I read everyone of them more than once,lost them and all their other books to hurricane katrina and hadn’t thought about t
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hem in forever till I saw them on here.

A17, Fmont, Trailsawyer and 6 others like this.
  8. rjdankert

rjdankert Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Looks like a tapered iron on the right? Names or mfr. marks on the irons?:thumbsup:

Bob

9. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Thats a great pink tag sale for the saw!
    I greatly appreciate your rediscovering those books you essentially blocked out after your major loss to Katrina.

The Woodslasher now looks even more amazing and ready for some getting dirty work.
    I, like many here, have a real soft spot for the woodslasher.
    Great haul @junkenstien

A17, Fmont, Trailsawyer and 4 others like this.
  10. Meek1

Meek1

Aug 11, 2019
    I found a True Temper Perfect double bit today. I have a Kelly Perfect, but I had no seen a TT Perfect yet. It's on a 24" handle too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Meek1

Meek1

Aug 11, 2019
    @#$%^, I can't upload larger pictures to save my life.

A17, Fmont, Yankee Josh and 2 others like this.
  12. Meek1

Meek1

Aug 11, 2019
    Also found this Disston for 2 bucks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    A17, Fmont, Yankee Josh and 3 others like this.
  13. Meek1

Meek1

Aug 11, 2019
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A17, Fmont, Yankee Josh and 2 others like this.
  14. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    A few new things. Soon to have more! Haha. Collecting is such fun! After finding that W. Campbell broad axe from Canada I thought it interesting that I found this saw from another country today.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It's a throwback made in 1960 I think. The points are prickly sharp and set is perfect. This saw little if any use. They've got an additional screw that runs through the length of the handle. Here's the top stating
    "Non breakable handle" [​IMG]
    A couple old files in good shape; [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Also I finally found a nice flooring hatchet for a reasonable price. Should arrive in a week or so. [​IMG]
    Have a great afternoon all!

15. Meek1

Meek1

Aug 11, 2019
    WOW, HAPPY TUESDAY TO YOU! GREAT FINDS!

16. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Sweet saw YJ! I do not yet own a Spear & Jackson...lol!
    Love finding still decent/ good to use files.

Glad to see that Legitimus going somewhere just as good or better than my garage.
    I love The Legitimus, especially near and dear are the Hartford stamped ones. Great score man!

17. A17

A17

Jan 9, 2018
    You need to click on the pics and wait until they are full size, then drag them onto here. It confused me for awhile too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Miller '72, Fmont, Meek1 and 3 others like this.
  18. phantomknives

phantomknives

Mar 31, 2016
    dont have any pics but i stopped by my favorite disappointing antique shop and i was not disappointed today, i found a new crank for my forge. the guy had no idea what it was so he rang it up for 4 dollars, which is great.

my crank was getting worn out and the set screws had too much slop, so i slapped the new one on and it fits snug and doesnt mudge an inch, didnt even have to unstick any bolts/screws

19. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Just keep them off the hardwood floors or your wife will skin you alive.

20. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    I love the Seattle Hardware stuff. I only have a couple pieces and one of their old catalogs from the 1960s.

A17, ithinkverydeeply and Fmont like this.