It followed me home (Part 2)

So, this is kind of like a "followed you home" and "what did you re-hang today" mashup.

This arrived today from JB. I didn't take any before photos. Evapo-rust is amazing. It still comes out that battle ship contrast, but it's relatively fassst. It brushed right off with a medium niolox, which I hadn't planned on doing. But since it happened I am actually digging how it looks. I'm happy with how far I was able to gently push the heel and feather in that toe. Edge badly needed centered but it's done now. Total reprofile. It's stamped 3², but it only weighs 3¼. Less now that I've spent hours filing it. The haft has a really great knob on it, there's almost an upward hook to it. All I did was scrape it, rasp it a little around the shoulder, and give it BLO.

Crappy pic, but I'll have to take some good photos when it's finished up anyway. But I am so freaking in love with this thing right now.

20190917_002723.jpg

So, this is kind of like a "followed you home" and "what did you re-hang today" mashup.

This arrived today from JB. I didn't take any before photos. Evapo-rust is amazing. It still comes out that battle ship contrast, but it's relatively fassst. It brushed right off with a medium niolox, which I hadn't planned on doing. But since it happened I am actually digging how it looks. I'm happy with how far I was able to gently push the heel and feather in that toe. Edge badly needed centered but it's done now. Total reprofile. It's stamped 3², but it only weighs 3¼. Less now that I've spent hours filing it. The haft has a really great knob on it, there's almost an upward hook to it. All I did was scrape it, rasp it a little around the shoulder, and give it BLO.

Crappy pic, but I'll have to take some good photos when it's finished up anyway. But I am so freaking in love with this thing right now.

View attachment 1197820

that looks awesome, great job!!

any indication what make it is? love the handle also.

I'm also a big fan of evaporust.

I think there's a bunch of us who do. :D:thumbsup:
View attachment 1198072
Hard not to when they are so damn sexy!
DEFAC729-77-BE-4867-AA04-4-F07-E360-A8-D6.jpg

I think both of yours are 3lbers right? Plus you both have those beautifully curved handles. The right curves in a haft can really make an axe look awesome. Especially connies for some reason. But other patterns too;) View attachment 1198171
Are both of your hafts original??

Yes, mine has a 3 stamp on the underside of the poll. I don't know the exact weight as I haven't had the head all the way off the haft, but the total weight including handle is 4lbs 2oz, so the head may weigh a little north of 3 as I can't image that 26 5/8" haft weighs over a pound. And yes, I believe my haft is original as it has some very faint remnants of a true temper label and has FIRE-HARDENED stamped/burned into it.

Similarly beautiful haft on your Stiletto!!!!

I think both of yours are 3lbers right? Plus you both have those beautifully curved handles. The right curves in a haft can really make an axe look awesome. Especially connies for some reason. But other patterns too;) View attachment 1198171
Are both of your hafts original??
That is a nice haft!
Maybe so, I can’t say for sure that mine’s original. But it is a true 3lb with a weight stamp on the poll.
sPW4MRG.jpg

Back