It followed me home (Part 2)

So as some of us do I watch YouTube. There is a small channel that I have watched for a while now and the gentleman that runs it just made a logo for his channel. To make a long story short my wife runs an embroidery business so I asked her to make him some shirts and hats. In return he said he wanted to send me an axe. I saw pictures of it and thought it may be a Collins Hudson Bay pattern. It came in yesterday and it was a very old LL Bean. Had the original sheath also. Pretty crappy sheath to be honest but it’s original. This axe really blew me away and I had not expected anything in return at all. Channel is Joes Shop. Go check him out! Mainly old tool restorations. Thanks for looking!
The axe is great Brian, a guy just can't have too many friends, I will look him up.
The whole picture is just eye candy. Looks like a fine Washita and could I ask what stone is hiding under it? Sorry for the off topic I just can't help myself.

I went out for eggs...

20191019-112327.jpg

20191019-125139.jpg

20191019-125142.jpg

20191019-125132.jpg

20191019-125126.jpg

20191019-125150.jpg

The axe is great Brian, a guy just can't have too many friends, I will look him up.
The whole picture is just eye candy. Looks like a fine Washita and could I ask what stone is hiding under it? Sorry for the off topic I just can't help myself.

No problem at all! That stone hiding is a German brand that I can’t think of the name off handle but it’s super fine. I got it from an old man who was a butcher. I got a foster bro’s cleaver with it. It’s a dark purple color and it’s super hard! I will take a picture of the name on it and post it later when I’m home. Thanks for checking him out!!

Any of you recognize this? Tomahawk? Fire axe? I picked it up today. Seems quite old to me but it does appear to be all tool steel.
NC0sPL3.jpg
63oCn9J.jpg

Has a few digits on it. I lightly cleaned it so they'd be clearer. H98 and below that 954;
oDTn8T1.jpg

Also kind of neat that the haft goes right up through the eye and is wedged.
15716963000445425409033341124118.jpg
I'm hoping maybe one of you recognizes this and can perhaps shed some light on it? I've done some cursory digging but haven't had any luck. A photo of the rivets;
15716964817872442375836379931831.jpg
Thanks!

Guess I answered my own question... A fire hatchet. View attachment 1217426 Thomas Lamond answered it rather.
Any of you recognize this? Tomahawk? Fire axe? I picked it up today. Seems quite old to me but it does appear to be all tool steel.
NC0sPL3.jpg
63oCn9J.jpg

Has a few digits on it. I lightly cleaned it so they'd be clearer. H98 and below that 954;
oDTn8T1.jpg

Also kind of neat that the haft goes right up through the eye and is wedged.
View attachment 1217421
I'm hoping maybe one of you recognizes this and can perhaps shed some light on it? I've done some cursory digging but haven't had any luck. A photo of the rivets;
View attachment 1217423
Thanks!
Probably Perks H98
1954 model

A few more things I couldn't pass up...
VytEOHx.jpg

I've been on a Buck Bros tear lately! They produced such beautifully made chisels and other edged tools.
fa4XgkA.jpg

1dNdHAT.jpg

And I think I'll use this in conjunction with my other saw clamp which will enable me to more easily file longer saws. Someday I'll make a nice long clamp from wood but it'll be awhile. It opens and closes with a small lever. Here it is open;
Il2awMj.jpg

And closed;
A8ZMTGu.jpg

It has 00 stamped on it. Being the smallest model probably?
ayZy0j4.jpg

It's pouring here in Maine today so that means a day off from my roofing project! A welcome day off. Have a good one all!
cAsIedn.jpg

Back