It followed me home (Part 2)

McKinnon* fell in my lap today. Is cool to find something made not far from where I grew up! Thought it was a no name at first. What's with the B96 on the bottom of poll?

*dang autocorrect

That's an awesome find!!!!

ha, that's funny, I was just about to let you know it was McKinnon and not McMillon

here is mine, with a 1915 date, so one year older than yours.

what are the specs on yours? blade width, head length, handle length, weight?

Mine is stamped 3^3 and does weigh 3lbs 12oz - total weight is 4lbs 8oz. edge is 5 1/4", head is 7 5/8" long, and the handle is 29" with the clipped fawns foot. Probably was originally a 30" handle, but I rehung the head and had to seat it a little lower, and then took off the point of the fawns foot because it was all smashed.

ha, that's funny, I was just about to let you know it was McKinnon and not McMillon

Mine is stamped 3^3 and does weigh 3lbs 12oz - total weight is 4lbs 8oz. edge is 5 1/4", head is 7 5/8" long, and the handle is 29" with the clipped fawns foot. Probably was originally a 30" handle, but I rehung the head and had to seat it a little lower, and then took off the point of the fawns foot because it was all smashed.
Man I love those axes!
I had to go check what mine was...
5lbs., 1913
79-D14-CF0-4-D0-D-405-F-8765-F834-F003350-B.jpg

CF1-CD6-EA-BC61-4-E00-BE89-86-C3424-EF27-A.jpg

40-E4895-F-00-D4-4-FFA-B9-B3-E7-AF9-FCBA781.jpg

5-F1-B994-D-CB94-4050-84-CC-549-C02-B756-FB.jpg

Thanks all. I'll take a better picture of it in a bit. Putting kids to bed. YankeeJosh we can definitely discuss working something out, just kind of enjoying the shock of finding
it still!
Okay! Awesome! I sent you my email on your profile page. Looking forward to chatting with you about it! I've got a few in mind but one in particular that you might like to have!

It's still sitting in my truck. I knew it was a good head, but spent my afternoon hanging the no name 4 1/2 lbs dbl bit I got yesterday to split maple rounds. That thing is a laser beam!

Kind of savoring it if you know what I mean? Will clean it up tonight or tomorrow and take plenty of dimensions.

I

More info on the McKinnon.

29" long. 7" blade edge to poll. 4 1/2" tip to tip (blade) 1 1/4" thick poll. Eye is 2 1/2 x 7/8".

Very nice! Beautiful axe man... Looks like the original helve as well.
Boy it'd take an awful nice axe to coax that from you! Thankfully I've got a few if you are still considering it! :D
Anyone else have trouble blowing up images from postimage? Once I click on the image and get to the postimage page I cannot get the photo to enlarge. Plus a scam pops up and tells me I've won something... This happen to anyone else?

Boy it'd take an awful nice axe to coax that from you! Thankfully I've got a few if you are still considering it! :D
Anyone else have trouble blowing up images from postimage? Once I click on the image and get to the postimage page I cannot get the photo to enlarge. Plus a scam pops up and tells me I've won something... This happen to anyone else?
I don't know if it's allowed, but PM me your email and I'm more than happy to send the pics your way!

I don't know if it's allowed, but PM me your email and I'm more than happy to send the pics your way!
I can't PM you because you don't have a paid subscription. But I did give you my email in that message on your profile page! I'd love to see some more photos of it! Thanks!

More info on the McKinnon.

29" long. 7" blade edge to poll. 4 1/2" tip to tip (blade) 1 1/4" thick poll. Eye is 2 1/2 x 7/8".

awesome! looks great. What is the weight stamp on it? it should be on the same location but opposite side as the McKinnon stamp. Should be maybe a 3 or a 3 with a superscript 1 or 2 or something.

yes, it does that to me on my phone - but works fine on my laptop (which is signed in to my postimage account) so it might not work if you don't have a postimage account.

Got another Snow and Neally diamond eye today. This one was a pretty good deal. I met an Ebay seller that lives a couple towns away from me! Nice guy. And now I've got another set of eyeballs looking for axes for me!

OVITKgU.jpg

Z2mWDK3.jpg

xAVWDHv.jpg

fwkf8Vm.jpg

IrdXuzl.jpg

7CdqmD5.jpg

After many hours of filing and honing, rubbing and oiling...
D9tD1PB.jpg
qsCGtlE.jpg

One bit is slightly narrower than the other due to the toe being rounded a bit. But I wasn't willing to file the other bit improperly to make it match. Temper is excellent on this one... Thanks for looking!

Got another Snow and Neally diamond eye today. This one was a pretty good deal. I met an Ebay seller that lives a couple towns away from me! Nice guy. And now I've got another set of eyeballs looking for axes for me!

OVITKgU.jpg

Z2mWDK3.jpg

xAVWDHv.jpg

fwkf8Vm.jpg

IrdXuzl.jpg

7CdqmD5.jpg

After many hours of filing and honing, rubbing and oiling...
D9tD1PB.jpg
qsCGtlE.jpg

One bit is slightly narrower than the other due to the toe being rounded a bit. But I wasn't willing to file the other bit improperly to make it match. Temper is excellent on this one... Thanks for looking!
Oh man, that turned out amazing! Great job filing! Always impressed by your work!

Stumbled into a new-to-me antique store yesterday and found this gem! It's my first example of this particular stamp, and in great shape overall. I love these older swamping patterns!

True Temper
Kelly "The World's Finest"
3lbs 14.4oz

wkRKowg.jpg
Yoynvsg.jpg

Thats a great find. I really like those stamps and the swamper pattern:cool:

Where is this store again? ...:D:D:cool::cool: dont ever tell!!

Back