It followed me home (Part 2)

a chainsaw!!! 🤣 smarta__ huh!!!! i am not sure what it was on---it has a brand new chain wrapped on it---ya interested in it??? found it and a few others and boxes of new chain at a garage sale a couple of years ago----someday will sell it all--just been busy with other stuff and have not got to it...

a chainsaw!!! 🤣 smarta__ huh!!!! i am not sure what it was on---it has a brand new chain wrapped on it---ya interested in it??? found it and a few others and boxes of new chain at a garage sale a couple of years ago----someday will sell it all--just been busy with other stuff and have not got to it...

Explanation unclear. What sort of saw makes use of a chain, and what for? Does not compute.

Reactions: A17
b3a09910ddb1b357d4cb0d3772dae1dd.jpg

Depending on what they are I may be interested, but for everyone else's sake could you send me a pm so we can hash out details somewhere else? Back on topic, I was visiting a logger that I bought a truck and a saw off of and he sent me home with a bunch of his old logging gear, including these two axes. The Council was his wedge-beater back in the day and the brush axe was something he found in an area that the FS had cleared. I've already cleaned up and sharpened the brush axe and I'll get to the Railsplitter soon.
IMG-8685.jpg
IMG-8686.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on what they are I may be interested, but for everyone else's sake could you send me a pm so we can hash out details somewhere else? Back on topic, I was visiting a logger that I bought a truck and a saw off of and he sent me home with a bunch of his old logging gear, including these two axes. The Coincil was his wedge-beater back in the day and the brush axe was something he found in an area that the FS had cleared. I've already cleaned up and sharpened the brush axe and I'll get to the Railsplitter soon.
IMG-8685.jpg
IMG-8686.jpg

Never seen a splitter like that before, neato.

Never seen a splitter like that before, neato.
They're actually a rafting / construction pattern with a hardened poll, but it is a common pattern for splitting.
I know I'd much rather be using a 5lb rafting pattern over an 8+lb maul.
I used an 8lb maul as a teenager for the fireplace which I hated using and haven't touched one since.

Last edited:
Some difficulty getting re-estab;ished but it'll come good.
My question to CBSA, do you have an actual example of this Hults Bruk axe? From your first posting on the subject no images are coming through on my end.

Back