It's been awhile, so... What's your favorite Swiss Army Knife?

I put that one together myself. It started out as an NTSA eBay Explorer, rather rough. I reground and polished the blades, then added the scales that I got off of a Stayglow Climber. I have done a couple of them, and they can be transplanted easily.

I had an Outrider that I used to keep in my truck, but replaces it with a Hercules!

I have a climber with a long nail file on the back. That is definitely my favorite SAK that I carry. I am also a fan of the various alox knives as they are exceptionally well built. I want to get a black alox pioneer.

My Stayglow Explorer. Small enough that I forget that it's in my back pocket next to my wallet, yet enough tools to handle most anything that I normally worry about.

standard.jpg

:thumbup:

I keep trying different SAKs, however I always end up going back to using my Explorer for EDC. I guess that means it is my favourite.

I prefer the Ranger. It's got almost all I need in a SAK. Scissors, wood saw and metal saw, and those absurdly cute little knife blades. ;) I just wish it had a proper Phillips screwdriver. Then it would be just perfect.

My favorite SAK ever is the Executive, IMHO the nicest, simplest, practical tool they make.

Note that is opinion for my person, you may obviously use your tools differently.

A tied between Locksmith and my spirit multi tool. Locksmith is awesome at being a fishing pal and camp duties. Spirit is a great work tool. I have used every tool including the awe.

I just put an Explorer Plus in my pocket. If can grow an emotional attachment to it, it might replace the circa 1987 Explorer I keep in my pocket organizer in my right cargo pocket.

I added the tiny screwdriver to my old Explorer, but the Explorer Plus has that already, plus a ballpoint pen, plus it has the hook since it's new vintage.

Tinker has been my EDC pretty much since I got it. Also have a Swisschamp and Electrician Plus (Farmer was out of stock as was my second option - Pioneer perhaps?) in ALOX. Love them all though, thanks to this forum!

Alox Farmer or Soldier. I don't like how the lanyard hole cuts into the back of my hand on the Farmer, but that saw is very handy.

Takes but a minute or two to grind it off on your driveway or a section of sidewalk. :)

Farmer is my favorite, but I'm in the market for a locking model. A store nearby has the Adventurer for 25$, which has the exact tool combination I'm looking for minus the saw. Tough call, I could get it and EDC it more in the city and keep my Farmer in my pack for hikes, but I'd rather get a locking SAK that could cover all my bases.

I just started collecting SAK in Jun 07. The first SAK which I bought was Swiss Champ XAVT. After buying it, I browsed through the internet and came across a really huge SAK which now I know is the Wenger Giant Swiss Army Knife 2007 version (with the nail clipper). Well I purchased it via internet. Although it cost me thousands of dollars, I feel that it is worth it. It is now my favourite SAK.

I just started collecting SAK in Jun 07. The first SAK which I bought was Swiss Champ XAVT. After buying it, I browsed through the internet and came across a really huge SAK which now I know is the Wenger Giant Swiss Army Knife 2007 version (with the nail clipper). Well I purchased it via internet. Although it cost me thousands of dollars, I feel that it is worth it. It is now my favourite SAK.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Explorer for me. Its the old "everything I want" thing. One of the best things is the real 3D phillips that extends parallel to the scales rather than out the bottom of the SAK. Much easier to use a phillips like this, IMO. Has the requisite scissors, blades, magnifying glass, etc. I would lose the corkscrew if I could.

Hey Revolver, I have a glowy Explorer too, I think because of seeing your pic previously. :thumbup:

I really should take my own pic, but until then, this one credits to smartknives.com (not hotlinked):

Victorinox-Explorer-Lg.jpg

cheers

I have 2 farmers and they are prized possesions. I wish they made an Alox one hand trekker with a plain edge blade.

Back