It's been awhile, so... What's your favorite Swiss Army Knife?

I lost my Tinker which I carried for a number of years. It was nice and thinn

I replaced it with a Compact which is just a about as narrow as the Tinker and has sissors (probably the most versatile tool in a SAK...but that's another debate).

Vic Compact for me. Thin and very pocketable, yet has chock full of useful features. =)

Ranger for me. The thinnest model with all the back-side tools. That screwdriver next to the chisel is perfect for digging unfired rounds out of my 22/45.

Adam

the camper is the only one I currently have, i think the hiker would have been better i'm too yound to drink and the philipshead would come in more handy than the corkscrew. I think i will like the handyman more when it comes even though it lacks a ball point pen and philips head, i guess the small screwdiver will make up for it, the cyber tool that i am planning on getting for my next purchase will be usefull as well i guess

Vic Swisschamp :thumbup:
I carried it off and on for years and it still remains my go anywhere/ ready for anything SAK.

So this is an update to my previous post from a few weeks ago in this thread.

I'm really liking the Vic SwissChamp I picked up last month. It's in my pocket every day. For the size, I thought it would be too big to carry on a daily basis to the office. However, I find the Delica is more noticeable in my (other) pocket. The Champ has mostly displaced my Tinker as I like having some of the extra tools handy.

Bantam or Waiter and a Classic or Rambler; small, minimal and very usefull!

Vintage Golfer is also hard to beat.

I just picked up a StaGlo Climber. I thought it would replace my trusty Tinker that has unfortunately disappeared. I still miss that one. So far I'm happy with the Climber.

I carry a black Classic SD to work most of the time. I work at a secure Govt facility and it's all I dare bring in. It handles anything I need there.

The last few years the explorer has gotten the most use, but recently I found a great buy in a marlboro unlimited outdoorsman model that has everything my explorer has plus a saw. So I may start using this as an edc.

Vic Compact for me. Thin and very pocketable, yet has chock full of useful features. =)
Yeah the compact is a great knife i've had one for while but only recently started carrying it. I cut my nail with the scissors And i only just noticed the back of the hook has a nail file function! The compact is really a great grooming SAK! Makes you wonder why don't all SAK hooks have the nail file?
I also usually carry my new Alox Lumberjack along with the compact as i cannot commit to solely carrying just one celidor or just one alox. lol !

Well my birtrhday just came and went, now I have a new Huntsman, Pioneer and One Hand Fireman to play with. This 'favourite SAK' thing is getting complicated.:)

I own a number of SAKs, and have carried them on 5 different continents over the past 30-something years. They are by far, bar none, the most handiest "multi-tools" on the face of the planet! I have a 1997 model Wenger "Soldier" that is a favorite. But the one I carry the most, whether in the pocket or resting in a nylon pouch on my belt is my Victorinox "Ranger" model. In fact, it rests on the table beside my computer here in my room in Kirkuk, Iraq as I write this. I also have a Vic "Mini-Champ" that remains in my kit bag all the time. At home in Texas, I also have a Vic "Explorer" made for "The Nature Company" chain of stores that has the addition of a saw...a very handy knife that I carried for years. As well, I have a Super Tinker that I also carry when the urge strikes me. No matter what other type of knife I may be carrying, rest assured I will have a SAK somewhere on my person!

It was my Wenger Handyman. I just had to give it away to a Mexican police officer, at Cancun's airport on the way back home, a couple of weeks ago. I had forgot to pack it in my suitcase and noticed it in my carry-on. I gave it to him in hopes that he would be able to use it, rather than it being confiscated and sold on eBaY. Oh well, at least now I can search for a replacement :)

Back