It's been awhile, so... What's your favorite Swiss Army Knife?

the elecrician !
Main blade is slightly longer and "beefy" than classic SAK, and i like the alunimium handle !
Second small blade is sheepfoot,which is quite different than main one, making both more versatile.
53781.jpg

For the past several months it's been the black Victorinox Executive. It gets used every day, and I've used every feature on it (except the key ring) at one time or other. It's amazing how useful and pocket-friendly this thing is; not so big that it's uncomfortable to pocket, and not so small as to be difficult to locate. The perfect gentleman's pen knife.
Jim

My favorites change weekly.There are too many great SAK's to pick just one.Of course you fellas already knew that,right?tom.:cool:

the elecrician !
Main blade is slightly longer and "beefy" than classic SAK, and i like the alunimium handle !
Second small blade is sheepfoot,which is quite different than main one, making both more versatile.
53781.jpg

I just got my first electrician and I am really, really liking it. It will probably never take the place of my OHT, but it is already a close second. I got it from Revolvergeek, and he convexed the edges of both blades, and it is probably the sharpest SAK I own.

I just got my first electrician and I am really, really liking it. It will probably never take the place of my OHT, but it is already a close second. I got it from Revolvergeek, and he convexed the edges of both blades, and it is probably the sharpest SAK I own.

I'm a SAK junkie (around 50 at last count) I've looked at Vic Electricians many times but i never follow through to actually buy one. The main reason is they replaced the canopener with the sheepsfoot. Its not that i don't like the sheepsfoot because i do like it. Its mostly because after the blade the canopener is my most used SAK tool. I could easily live without the bottleopener but not the canopener. I would love it if they made an alox electrician with a canopener or maybe with the combo tool(can-opener/bottle-opener).
I am turning into an Alox junkie lately so it pains me to not buy the Electrician. lol!
Actually i also want an Alox Farmer with a Combo tool (can-opener/bottle-opener) instead of the separate bottle-opener and can-opener then add a small blade to it as well. Actually while you are at it add some scissors too.lol. Really A four layer Alox Farmer+ would be sweeeeet! And still thinner than my Vic Huntsman.

For outdoors type stuff, I have an outrider, and I keep the new Rescue tool in my 4X4.

My better half gave me 2 SAK this spring. The one with a small flat blade began as my favorite. The other has two large blades each with a chisel grind of different angles.
I reprofiled the little knife, sharpened it and later had some trouble: I cut part of the tip of my finger off:(. The spring fooled me. I thought that I had the blade opened and it slipped between my fingers, snapped shut and ouch:( It bled for about an hour.

I'm thinking I'm an outright idiot. I had only used straight blades previously so maybe I don't know what I'm doing. I can see how it happened: The knife is quite small and the little slit that you grab to open is hard to get a piece of. The spring is really, really tight.

Now I'm not so sure I should use this knife without adult supervision.:) Should I just leave it open and put a sheath on it?:confused:

...so it pains me to not buy the Electrician. lol!

.... A four layer Alox Farmer+ would be sweeeeet! And still thinner than my Vic Huntsman.

I had no strong feelings about the sheepsfoot blade, or the can opener either one, so I had never really sought after an electrician, but now that I have it, I've found that the little blade is very handy. Maybe we should ask Swiss Bianco about a four layer Farmer... (drools slightly).

I had no strong feelings about the sheepsfoot blade, or the can opener either one, so I had never really sought after an electrician, but now that I have it, I've found that the little blade is very handy. Maybe we should ask Swiss Bianco about a four layer Farmer... (drools slightly).
Woohoo i'm in! Another special run vic would be great. As far as i can tell they haven't done an alox thicker than three layers. Maybe it will start a trend!
:)

Two for me. In the office it is an Alox Cadet and at home an Alox Soldier. I have quite a few more Alox models but tend to use these two the most.

Back